Sondland Kept Pompeo Informed At Key Moments Of Ukraine Pressure Campaign | Talking Points Memo

Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland kept Secretary of State Mike Pompeo apprised of key developments in the Ukrainian pressure campaign, lashing Pompeo closer to the heart of the impeachment inquiry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263677

‘Ask not for whom the bus wheels turn
They turn for you…’

28 Likes

There are those that should eat a light breakfast this morning and have a box of antacids available for heartburn.
going to be another one of those days where the house is going to burn some butts.

7 Likes

As a good Christian, Pompeo will know this:

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper:
but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Proverbs 28:13

10 Likes

“Sondland will testify Wednesday in one of the most highly-anticipated hearings of the inquiry yet.”

Here’s hoping we’re not disappointed although I have a feeling this won’t be a straightforward Vindman accounting.

6 Likes

Pompeo has been a recurring character in witness testimonies, if perhaps initially more of a peripheral one. >>

image has been a recurring character in witness testimonies, if perhaps initially more of a peripheral one.

FIFY

Now I have that damn song going through my head!

2 Likes

I think he’ll be a gold mine , once Goldman softens him up

8 Likes

Message for Gordon: Sometimes you get the bus, and sometimes the bus gets you.

11 Likes

For today’s viewing pleasure, I selfishly hope that Sondland is also a good Christian.

5 Likes

OT, but tonight is the Dem’s “debate”. Bet everyone is excited and totally energized to watch this after being consumed by the impeachment inquiry. Think it’s still 10 people, and I’m not interested. They are dragging this out and not helping the cause.

7 Likes

I’m actually looking forward to it. With Buttigieg’s rise in the polls, I’m anxious to see others go after him. I’m more anxious to see how he handles it.

9 Likes

He can fucking forget the part about mercy, the slimy hypocrite.

2 Likes

Not to worry, there’s a verse in scripture to affirm this as well.

4 Likes

of course you know that you are assuming facts not in evidence

3 Likes

I am taking great delight in Pompeo becoming hopelessly entangled in this mess, much as Ahab found himself lashed to the whale.

16 Likes

An eye for an eye… But actually I hope Pompeo turns into a pillar of salt.

2 Likes

Song, or poem?

1 Like

Popcorn, I think. Bushels of popcorn.

3 Likes

Most of the time when I think of Pompeo, in my head there’s an image of Vesuvius exploding. Lately, I’m seeing something like this:

7 Likes