Sondland Carried Out Secret Ukraine Dealings On Trump’s Orders, WH Official Testified

National Security Council aide Tim Morrison testified that Ambassador Gordon Sondland had told him he was carrying out the shadow negotiations with Ukraine over the delayed military aid on President Donald Trump’s orders, according to a newly released transcript of Morrison’s testimony.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1262866

surprise_meter

Times Infinity

34 Likes

Not apropos of the content of the article, but Tim Morrison is a very tall man.

ETA: Donald won’t like that.

33 Likes

Makes it a bit difficult slightly challenging to find a suitably derogatory nick-name.

16 Likes

Trump is thinking now that Sondland is a very chatty fellow.

34 Likes

… whom he had never met before.

47 Likes

Rubber will HOPEFULLY meet ROAD.

" Wednesday, Nov. 20

Public hearings: In the morning, Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union."

21 Likes

Morrison’s public testimony will be something to watch.

Dollars to doughnuts Trump will tweet something insulting during the testimony, showing again that he is firmly committed to witness tampering.

43 Likes

14 Likes

“And I’d have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for those meddling kids and their rabid dog who should be beaten to death with a stick!”

41 Likes

I’m betting Sondland will sing like a canary. Any takers? He’s got as much courage as the Life Form. AND, Trump will tweet; he won’t be able to help himself.

25 Likes

I think he takes the 5th. If he were smart he would sing. But I don’t think he is smart.

13 Likes

Unless the, uh, checks notes chest discomfort gets him first.

19 Likes

Be careful what you wish for… Morrison and Sondland were both on the Republicans’ requested witnesses list…

18 Likes

OT but…

That last burger & fries got to him eh?

Ya know, it sure would be nice if ordinary folk could get to the head of the ER line like the POTUS can.

17 Likes

Schiff is handling the hearings superbly.

49 Likes

Even if he’s doing so reluctantly, seems that Gordy has finally decided to listen to his lawyer’s advice. Will his sing? Will he plead the fifth? Does he think he’s in line for a pardon?

Sondland has been the key that unlocks the path to Shithead’s direct involvement. Hard to imagine the pathological liar issuing a pardon to the one man who ties him to the crime.

Wednesday will be interesting, if he shows. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

31 Likes

From Trump to Sunderland and below we really are really going to see the boundaries of an incompetence defense pushed to the limit, of that I am fairly certain.

8 Likes

I’m guessing the “outgoing” in the description of his position as national security council aide isn’t referring to his personality? Based on his testimony, I can see why he pulled up stakes.

Be worried, Donald. Be very worried.

10 Likes

“Sondland Carried out Secret Ukraine Dealings on Trump’s Orders”

Well that’s a tall tale if I ever heard one.

https://cdn.talkingpointsmemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/GettyImages-1179168668-804x501@2x.jpg

11 Likes