Some GOPers Don’t Even Want To Weigh In On The Merits Of House’s Case | Talking Points Memo

Unfortunately such things usually happen only in the movies…maybe?

1 Like

On the other hand, I’d pay $100 extra for a flight that let cats on board and allowed out of the carrier.

2 Likes

The way I see it, the facts speak for themselves. There is something genuinely karmic about his disease. He knows his days are numbered and that he’ll have a painful death. Nothing we can say to abuse him or gloat over his fate will hurt him worse than what he’ll be going through. The high road is the better one here. Pretend he doesn’t exist as he dies. For someone like him, being ignored is worse than being scorned.

3 Likes

Teacher should draw a circle on the blackboard and make them stand there with their face to it.

1 Like

On the other hand, I’ve been bragging about how poor we are for years, and Karma hasn’t sent me a million dollars to teach me a lesson.

1 Like

Pray tell us Senator Castrato, what is impeachable then?

2 Likes

O I agree with that too. No point as you said - the cancer will do it all.

Now the next thing you do is impeach him on something ELSE, like emoluments.

3 Likes

I was about to post, “He’s still alive?” but it doesn’t look like for much longer.

He would consider retirement a defeat, I think. His ego won’t allow it.

1 Like

Like Josh wrote in his piece today – The Republican party was already like this. It started in the Gingrich - Tom Delay era. Pushed on by opportunists like Limbaugh and the lesser talk radio lights. The center tried to hold but as the resentment in the base rose to the surface, the center became too out of touch and the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus happened. The Id of the Republican party had taken over.

As Individual 1 was campaigning, I kept saying that all he’s doing is perfectly channeling and expressing the Id of the Republican Party and he won’t be stopped. So now they’re all just craven shells beholden to the monster they let loose.

6 Likes

As I posted in the trial live blog…
It’s not a trial without witnesses or evidence and the goobers would not even allow the evidence backing the Articles of Impeachment.
It was wrong, disturbing and it stinks. And it cannot be called fair by any understanding I have of that word.
Nevertheless the House members showed there was extortion, bribery, a qui pro quo and an attempt to involve a foreign nation in our election process. These things taken together should have been enough for any fair minded person to come to the conclusion that trump committed crimes and behaved in ways that are sufficient reasons to vote to convict and therefore be removed from office. But somehow republican senators seem to be stuck in a mind set where they are forced to kow tow to trump. Self preservation in office outweighs the needs of the nation. The damage has been done. The Senate is now not the world’s greatest deliberative body, it is a joke. They have given over to the Executive Branch what used to be jealously guarded… power. In doing so the GOP rightfully lost self respect. They may not know it now but they will in days to come.

1 Like

Three dsys ago I sent emails to my two state senators Kyrsten Sinema, a democrat and Martha McSally, a republican. Today I got an answer to my email from Senator Sinema. A very nice email it was I must say as it outlined things concerning impeachment that she is considering. But written for someone of less understanding than myself as I’m kind of a political nerd. But nevertheless it was a personal answer and I appreciate that. As for Senator McSally … if past communications when she was in the House are any indication I might get a reply in April or May. If I get anything at all. There is the fact that I took her to task for her insult to Manu Raju of msnbc calling him a liberal hack. So I may get no answer at all from her.

1 Like

Somewhat OT but Karma is at work:

3 Likes

What a surprise?

This summer as we get closer to nominations some Rs may feel differently. We here tune in like we have OCD but not everyone does. But in fact I based what I posted on what @daveyjones64 said in two different posts.

McConnell is much older than Ryan was/is. So old, that he knows this will be his last campaign.(he is 77…he won’t run for re-election at 83). I can’t see him wanting to spend the next 6 years a the minority leader.

He can easily “retire” and arguably have more influence over the Senate and government than he does now, as a lobbyist/senior statesman. He has made his mark on the judiciary, which clearly been his parting goal for some time.

And

McConell is even more unpopular than Bevin. In fact, he is the most unpopular Senator in their home state, of anyone in the Senate. Nor has this impeachment trial won him any votes. McGraf is well funded, and coming for him.

I am not saying he definitely loses, but I don’t think his chances are particularly great, either

1 Like

Nobody would love seeing him go down in flames more than me.

1 Like

Listening to them try to explain acquittal is lame, and shameful. Trying to defend the President is like shoveling shit against the tide. The rubes will go for it but hopefully this will end Jan. 2021.

1 Like

This movie title sums up my feelings pretty well.

I know a couple that went to church in Winston-Salem, NC in the 70s and they said you could actually smoke inside that church and you weren’t allowed to talk bad about tobacco or smoking! Interesting how much money if the real god of most people and churches.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available