Snow White And The Rightwing Outrage Cycle: Fox News’ Latest Fixation Lives At Disneyland

Last week, it was a totally fabricated red meat ban in President Joe Biden’s climate plan. And an imagined scandal centered on Vice President Kamala Harris’ children’s book. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1372663

the new Snow White ride at Disneyland in Anaheim, California.

I, for one, am boycotting Disneyland until they do an Amphigorey ride.

8 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Kool-Aid.

That minimum daily requirement just keeps on rising …

16 Likes

I’m surprised it’s not the movie. I mean, seven dwarfs sharing one woman (polygamy) who mysteriously attracts bluebirds (the occult)?!

Sombody, please, think of the children!

34 Likes

So, naturally, it cast about for a new victim of our supposedly pernicious “cancel culture” to steam about.

How would you like to be the intern tasked with that.

12 Likes

FIFY

10 Likes

What’s next on the cancel list, prima noctis?

11 Likes

“If you want to make a fool of yourself you can, you’re free to do it,” he said, warning with little self awareness

Touché. Bien fait.

19 Likes

Since Greene and Noem are being mistaken more and more for Maleficent, the GOP propaganda machine is trying to twist the subject around before American girls who love the Princesses get wind of the true Republican villains? It’s only a matter of years before these little children will be voting and they must be dazed and confused as some of their parents?

5 Likes

My question to FOX and other right wingers is would it be okay if instead of a kiss the Prince awoke Snow White by grabbing her by the P…

31 Likes

I had to read Kennedy’s comments twice to understand what bothered him ever so much, and came to the conclusion that political satire is dead as Kelsey’s nuts.

8 Likes

This cuts it for me.

3 Likes

I, to be honest, find the ride objectionable. I agree that nonconsensual sex is something we shouldn’t teach our children is love.

Of course, at 44, I still remember my childhood nightmares about this awful film, so maybe that is clouding my judgement.

10 Likes

“You know, sometimes I think we are so screwed,” Kennedy said.

Me too.

9 Likes

Is that 21st century Rickrolling? Cuz you owe me now.

10 Likes

And this passes for “Policy” in the GOP.

10 Likes

Which was never actually a thing, at least not in the Middle Ages of Europe. Yes, it’s a plot point in Braveheart and The Marriage of Figaro, but medieval manorial lords did not actually claim or exercise this “right.”

6 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it, but you may be right.

Mea culpa.

3 Likes

Hey GQP, I got two words for you

Matt Gaetz.

18 Likes

Republicans do get twisted up like a pretzel about every friggin’ thing in the world these days in their attempt to create a new controversy which might take the heat off what they are really doing to destroy democracy.

I’m actually surprised they are aren’t seeing something evil in straight versus twisted pretzels. Obviously a gay plot to bring out more people from the closet?

6 Likes