Sinema Promises To Stay Mavericky If BBB Talks Get Revived

Amid rumblings that the White House might renew talks with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) over President Joe Biden’s sweeping Build Back Better (BBB) plan several months after the senator tanked the legislation, Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) is proud to announce that she’ll be staying true to herself as a major obstacle in the negotiations if they do get resurrected.


This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1412972
1 Like

She first ran for office as a member of the Green Party, the main purpose of which is to damage the prospects of Democrats to get elected and to get anything done once they’re in office.

Nothing has changed.

40 Likes

Of course senator curtsy will stand firmly behind moscow mitch and the corporatists of the republican cult as she proudly proclaims her resistance to Democratic values and Biden’s popular agenda.

20 Likes

I have always felt that the Green Party types are a bunch of phoneys.

16 Likes

Just ignore the attention seeking loon - she’ll be irrelevant after November, anyway. Unfortunately.

7 Likes

Sinema is the Tulsi Gabbard of Joe Manchins

36 Likes

When is she up for reelection? It can’t come soon enough

7 Likes

She is a sell out not a Democrat.

15 Likes

By being Mavericky Sinema means screwing the people who voted for her. She is a Republican playing a Democrat. She is as horrible as Manchin.

18 Likes

Oh FFS. Not this tiresome git again. When she was cranking up her run for the Senate, I got a solicitation for support (In NH no less). Being marginally intrigued, I looked for what I could find on her at the time. It all didn’t seem quite right, so after sitting in a pile of “What about this, eh?” I tossed it. I’m so glad to have avoided at least one black mark against me.

14 Likes

Keep it simple: retain the gains, increase the majority and make both of them irrelevant.

37 Likes

She hasn’t killed anyone with her car. I don’t think she gets enough credit for that.

24 Likes

When she runs in the 2024 Democratic Presidential Primary as a spoiler.

4 Likes

+1 for appropriate use of the word “git”

17 Likes

Can Arizona now promise to send her home? She’s certainly sending up the red flag that she has no intention of working for the betterment of her State and constituents.

6 Likes

I don’t comment often…but I had to stop by and comment and like your comment. FTW!

6 Likes

Lucy/football.

9 Likes

:blush:

5 Likes

I received a series of similar feeler emails out of the blue from Tulsi Gabbard back before she was a household name. I had never even heard of her at that point and simply deleted them. It was strange because I really don’t get all the many political solicitations via email, as I tend to unsubscribe from any list service email pronto.

It’s things like your experience and mine that make me wonder what funding operatives are lurking behind the scenes. Maybe this is the kind of grooming we should really be looking into?

10 Likes

God knows, it would be a terrible thing if Bezos or Musk, or some other rich guy had to contribute to the common weal. :rage::scream:

9 Likes