Several Pence Aides Contract COVID-19 Amid VP Hitting Campaign Trail | Talking Points Memo

Several aides to Vice President Mike Pence, including his chief of staff Marc Short, have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past few days, according to the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340394

I’m shocked. SHOCKED!

I thought Jesus would protect them, or something.

22 Likes

Of course he did, because that’s how they roll: get sick, pass it on, lie about it.

There’s a difference between license – satisfying whatever desire you have – and liberty; TrumPublicans are all about license.

ETA: ah, as TPM reports, Mark Meadows clarifies the overwhelming desire is to throw ever more lives on the pyre TrumPublicans have built; burn it all.

40 Likes

They have my tots and pears.

17 Likes

One virus infecting another – it is somewhat shocking.

12 Likes

both the VP and second lady Karen Pence tested negative

What? One of those very rare mentions of Mrs. Pence. Amazing how we never hear from her, given that she’s a Karen and all. Oh that’s right… seen and not heard.

7 Likes

Mark Meadows is on CNN explicitly admitting that they aren’t trying to control the pandemic. He says you can’t make people wear masks “because this is a free society.” The explicit strategy is just to rely on “therapeutics” and wait for a vaccine.

That should be a winning closing argument for the election.

47 Likes

These are the real patriots. Risking their lives for the The Chief Grand Lickspitlle Of The Dear Leader.

9 Likes

Plagiarized from elsewhere: Evangelicals can’t wait until the pandemic is over so they can get back to healing the sick.

41 Likes

Because in our cult we don’t care who dies. Sheesh, that’s actually an understatement.

10 Likes

That’s just … too perfect.

22 Likes

No snark. But to grasp these people have no clue, no concern and not even an incremental idea for handling this pandemic other than to turn inside out trying to deflect from the responsibility and attack others is stomach churning.

`

Tapper to Mark
Meadows: “Just yesterday, President Trump said ‘we are
rounding the corner & it’s going away.’ Mark,
it’s not going away even in the WH! But beyond that, the US
reported 83,000 new cases on Friday and Saturday. That’s the 2
highest days of the entire pandemic.” pic.twitter.com/gCXUB2I2xh

Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) October
25, 2020
`
34 Likes

Ah, so this is what Trump’s “rounding the corner” looks like.

9 Likes

We may hit 100k/day sometime late next week, just in time for all the MAGAT’s to go vote and spread it further.

16 Likes

Thanks.

With a sentence as carefully written as that one, you don’t need snark.

16 Likes

You can make them wear clothes in public or arrest them for indecent exposure. They can be refused entry to businesses if they’re not wearing shirts and shoes.

He and his kind don’t WANT to make people wear masks because they’re still trying to spread the Big Boss’s lie that this virus isn’t a big deal.

33 Likes

And, a President can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue of New York without any consequences! It’s a free country!!

6 Likes

Can you make people stop at red lights? Yes? Then something doesn’t add up.

31 Likes

Yes, but those people who are listening to Pence are going to continue to want that “free society” when Biden wins. I cannot believe how ignorant, irresponsible and uncaring these republican cretins are. They’ve done so much damage.

13 Likes

Or wear seatbelts, or have working headlights and brake lights on their cars, or have their cars registered and carrying insurance, or … or … or … a thousand other laws that apparently don’t exist.

17 Likes