SCOTUS To Take Up Obamacare Individual Mandate Case

The Supreme Court announced on Monday that it will decide on a crucial case in the Republicans’ ongoing battle against the Affordable Care Act.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1294339

This is a winning issue for the (former) Republican Party. I can feel it.

13 Likes

2020 GOP Bumper Sticker: “We’re Coming to Take Your Healthcare!”

30 Likes

Finally, SCOTUS can make it possible to lack the resources to see you own doctor.

10 Likes

“The Supreme Court announced on Monday that it will decide on a crucial case in the Republicans’ ongoing battle war against the Affordable Care Act the rest of the country.”

FIFY.

7 Likes

Next term, rather than this term. No decision until next year, naturally.

They want to take health care away from millions of people, but they don’t want it to be on the ballot in November.

Why do they hate America?

20 Likes
10 Likes

Narrator: “It was on the ballot in November.”

24 Likes

But, will the SCOTUS rule on the validity of health coverage for those who consume far too many cheeseburgers??

3 Likes

Now, now facts and figures have no sway with Republicans, it’s only sincerely held beliefs that they acknowledge as valid.:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Well, by this time next year it’ll either be the end of the republic, so no need to worry about healthcare coverage during the civil war then, or President Biden will be in place and we’ll just pass new legislation.

11 Likes

Again and again I fondly recall the Tea Party geniuses who railed against Obamacare, but got mad as hell that people wanted to take away the Affordable Care Act.

16 Likes

This one aggravates me. Those should be tested rigorously.

You can’t claim to be christian, but hold “sincere beliefs” which involve discrimination like not baking a cake for your neighbor because they’re gay.

10 Likes

Who needs health insurance, anyhow?

Obesity as an epidemic
Killer Flu
COVID-19
Unchecked gun violence
Trump as President

16 Likes

The WP claims Democratic states are pursuing this:

The Supreme Court will hear a third challenge to the Affordable Care Act, this time at the request of Democratic-controlled states that are fighting a lower court decision that challenged the constitutionality of the law.

3 Likes

Damn right.

2 Likes

Oooh. You must be one of them radicals.

3 Likes

Motherfkers. Excuse my French. At a time when ALL people need health insurance to fight a global pandemic, these ‘twits’ have decided it’s a good time to screw people over. Charming.

16 Likes

Undoubtedly, the court will find that the states lack standing to bring the suit.

5 Likes

c937a974ae4b9b3740c0ce62c6f00caef35fdbc553a0a11fc98033f7832432aa

24 Likes