SCOTUS Denies Trump Bid To Block Jan. 6 Records | Talking Points Memo

Can I voice a modest “Hot damn!”? Is this the end of the beginning of the end, at last? At least?

Naah. Who am I kidding? This shitstorm will continue to grind on until he blows a fuse, and then we might see the beginning of the next phase.

18 Likes

Naw, it’s the beginning of R.I.C.O.

26 Likes

It was a 8 – 1 ruling, with Justice Clarence Thomas the only dissenter.

You can always count on Uncle Thomas ding the wrong thing. Although in this case he probably covering up for his drunken devil of a wife.

35 Likes

Is BeerBro trying to give TFG another opening? Will Merde-a-Lago suddenly issue an Executive Order? (Archives is likely staying late shipping the docs)

7 Likes

Ginni, Clarence is a Zombie.

7 Likes

Yes SCOTUS ruled, but what about the ruling from the alternate SCOTUS. Cue Chuck Grassley for his misdirection and attempt to take charge. /s
At this point, it’s hard to tell how many anti-democratic Reps. and Senators will be swept up in this conspiracy. With the right set of facts and the right state rules, and a Democratic governor in those states, might it be possible to expel a member or three, and to tilt the balance of the House or Senate?

26 Likes

No, he’s just trying to establish that some other President might be able to make the case of ‘ok, so… even though the other party has Congress now, no, you’re not allowed to read all my shit just because you feel like it’.

15 Likes

8-1?
Yowzah!

15 Likes

“In a statement, Justice Kavanaugh said that had the court faced Trump’s executive privilege issue, he would have voted to extend that authority to Trump.”

Huh? And yet he voted against reviewing the case?
Me no understand.

16 Likes

Would be better if the voting rights bills passed.

19 Likes

Let’s find all the meeting minutes where he calls his MAGATs idiots or worse.

And publish them.

21 Likes

Oh, happy day. It is all coming out.

14 Likes

Just showing his yellow belly, he wants a tummy rub.

10 Likes

Thomas is like a barometer of wrongness.

30 Likes

https://youtu.be/gazIa2IibZA

No, they’ve had the docs all collected and digitized for months. Committee counsel should have a download link in their email pretty quick.

62 Likes

If there’s any need to dig into the papers of a former president, I would think the need for openness would be sooner, rather than later.

I mean, unless one wants Presidents to be able to hide crimes against humanity.

23 Likes

“Ingrates,” I’d suppose, if I thought Donnie’d use that word.

7 Likes

I bet trump is not a happy camper right about now. And that’s a case of schadenfreude for me.

35 Likes

There’s a cold wind blowing around Trumpf’s shriveled nuts.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available