SCOTUS Denies Republicans’ Request To Revive Tighter Ballot Deadlines In N.C. | Talking Points Memo

I’ve suggested it a couple of times.

Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavabeer are ripe for impeachment. If Amy Boney Carrot jumps into any post-election disputes, she’ll be ripe, too. The Constitution says that judges are appointed for lifetime on good behavior.

1. Thomas perjured himself before the Senate Judiciary Committee in hi confirmation hearings.
  2. Thomas is married to a GOP lobbyist.
  3. Kavabeer also perjured himself during his confirmation hearings.
  4. Kavabeer wrote that drunken assenting opinion earlier this week.
  5. Boney Carrot was appointed by a President who expressly stated that he expected her to rule in his favor in any dispute arising from this year’s election.

Good behavior must include the avoidance of the mere appearance of impropriety. All these go well beyond the appearance of impropriety.

ETA: It’s worth impeaching these bastards even if we add four justices. No, I don’t expect the Senate to convict them, I want the stain of impeachment on their personal reputations.

If I were feeling particularly nasty, I’d add Slingin’ Sammy Alieto to my list for his outburst over the Citizen’s United decision during President Obama’s State of the Union.

4 Likes

Adding four is “easier” from a process perspective. Pass a bill by the House and Senate and have President sign.

Impeachment by the House is fairly straightforward; conviction by the Senate and therefore removal requires a two-thirds majority (from the Constitution). Given the makeup of the Senate (that is, two from each of the 50 states), I can’t imagine either party having 67 sitting Senators anytime in the near future.

3 Likes

I also wonder if Congress has authority to set recusal standards for the SCOTUS? Something with more sharply defined boundaries and actual teeth.

1 Like

Those 4 states don’t impose their own deadline, so presumably they’re using the federal deadline for certifying votes. That’s Dec 8.

December 8, 2020: The safe harbor deadline in the electoral college

Six days before the electoral colleges convene to vote is the “safe harbor” deadline by which states must certify their results without risking Congress getting involved and resolving a potential dispute over which candidate won a particular state’s electoral college votes.

1 Like

Canvassing ballots after the safe harbor deadline just risks Congress getting involved and resolving beefs over which candidate won a particular state’s EC. Nancy will ensure her state gets its say.

2 Likes

Gorsuch and Kavanagh won’t be so smug when three or four more justices are added to the court.

1 Like

Don’t forget that his mama was the EPA administrator who wanted to end the Superfund cleanup program. Nice family.

2 Likes

Yup. The rotten apple does not fall far from the tree.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available