Schiff Says GOP Senators Are ‘Now Really Hard-Pressed’ To Reject Bolton Testimony | Talking Points Memo

House impeachment manager Adam Schiff (D-CA) said on Monday morning that Republican senators are in a bind after the New York Times published allegations of former National Security Adviser’s book, which gave a firsthand account of President Donald Trump’s involvement in the pressure campaign on Ukraine.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287048

Pifft, like facts or testimony matter to the Treason Party. It’s full on cover-up at this point.

23 Likes

Republicans don’t give a shit what Schiff says… it’s MoscowMitch that they look to for advice

13 Likes

Hey Yertle, the whole world is watching…

13 Likes

The reporting by what’s-her-name on MSNBC just now is basically to repeat GOP talking points and not point out the problem with their argument…which just so happens to be a complete distortion of the truth, better known as a lie and complete bullshit. Standard fare for the media these days. Just do stenography, focus on the politics and not the facts, and hope no one will notice how lazy your reporting is.

12 Likes

“The question they have to answer is: Do they want to hear the truth? Do they want to cross-examination John Bolton?” the Democratic lawmaker continued.

No, and, um, no.

9 Likes

Do you think he cares? Didn’t McConell say his greatest achievement was stonewalling Merrick Garland.

8 Likes

So if it was indeed a perfectly perfect phone call, having Bolton testify can only further exonerate the Commander-in-Tweet, right?

Whatcha waiting for, Yertle?

13 Likes

We already KNOW that Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate the Biden’s in return for the release of already allocated and much necessary funds for their defense against Russia. We KNOW this! And there is already a mountain of evidence which has not been disputed. The only reason that Bolton,s testimony is sooooo shocking to Republicans is that they have not had sufficient time to RATIONALIZE it away.

6 Likes

Here’s where MoscowMitch proves his worth to the Kremlin, and gets to keep his ill-gotten gains, and hide his kompromat.

9 Likes

One of my Senators Josh Hawley was tweeting about how he has drawn up a request to have Hunter and Joe Biden come and testify. Why I don’t know since they have no direct knowledge of the impeachment offenses, but again if they allow Bolton in to testify will that open the door to the Bidens having to come in and testify?
And yes I do want to hear what Bolton has to testify to.
And John playing coy because of his pending book release hasn’t thought about how this may backfire on him, and the sales of his book if now he doesn’t testify.

7 Likes

Truth is on vacation. It has a timeshare in Boca.

13 Likes

His tombstone will proudly proclaim “Stopped a SCOTUS nominee and stopped an impeachment”.

9 Likes

I wonder what John Roberts tombstone will say TBD???

4 Likes

At some point, though, Yertle has got to see the handwriting on the wall, and the down ballot impact on the GOP.

4 Likes

And the kick in the head for Republican Senators up for reelection is that Yertle can without money to help their campaign, but then Yertle won’t be the one standing in front of voters trying to tap dance around being a “juror” and not voting to hear new evidence and subpoena documents.
At least all this squirming is good cardio.

5 Likes

Just blurting stuff out now in front of God and everybody.

And the not smart shirt-sleeve gentleman:

28 Likes

The question with the GOP isn’t what they should do, but what they can do. Once you start gaming elections with outside help, the whole “should” question evaporates.

5 Likes

Btw, what time do these bozos for tRump begin their no collusion, no obstruction case against impeachment today? I need to know what time to arrange my sock drawer and rearrange all the furniture in my house.

All the real evidence is being leaked just as these morons are getting underway…so good luck with their defense. I think they probably already perjured themselves on behalf of tRump, but I barely listened to them the first time. It can only get more difficult for them from here on out I would presume.

11 Likes

“He came, he saw, he pettifogged.”

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available