Schiff Dismisses Trump’s ‘Absurd’ Claim Of Declassifying Docs

Alan Dershowitz could tell you. I haven’t been in the market.

2 Likes

Might have to borrow “former Apprentice host” for the times when “TFG” and “TMFWWNBN” don’t seem quite right.

4 Likes

It’s a microscopically close call, but I might have to agree with you.

The Former Apprentice Host is truly loathsome, but he is loathsome in ways that are completely consistent with his horribly broken upbringing and his even more broken personality.

I can make no such excuses for the Senior Moscow Asset from the State of Kentucky.

8 Likes

All cheeseburgers go the way of shredded documents as documented by Mags Haberman. The other traits, not so much.

1 Like

Not to be pedantic, because I realize you’re saying that he can be prosecuted just for taking them and keeping them, not properly safeguarding, etc, but yes, it definitely matters if he sent national defense information to a third party. It’s not enough to successfully prosecute his sorry ass - we need to know if he burned intelligence assets or compromised our national security.

3 Likes

Donnie put a padlock on that basement room when he was told the peril he was in legally speaking. He thought, as a private citizen, waving his sharpie like a wand over the boxes “declassified” them. Unnnhhh, no donald, not really. Some take considerable effort to declassify and others you just can’t.

3 Likes

Of course he did… and it was for money. Lots of money.

3 Likes

Fair point. I guess I should have said we need to know what he compromised. Hey, look - now I’m pedanticizing my own self.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many times they say “he declassified the documents,” they weren’t relabeled. That is part of the requirements for declassification. If they were still marked “classified” they were still classified. Period.

4 Likes

I used to handle TS/SCI documents - there is no “verbal” declassification process. You can have documents that drop in classification over time, but it never gets to the point where someone can take them home with them. Just having them in your possession is enough to go to jail.

In addition, you can go to jail even if those documents are properly secured, but there is a loss of chain of custody. I.e. someone is awaiting a receipt that isn’t mailed out.

11 Likes

Well… now … this is weird… and takes the lunacy to a new level

4 Likes

I don’t hate rattlesnakes. But I do despise the pet store owner that tells me I’m buying a special elongated rare Siberian tube puppy - not a rattlesnake.

7 Likes

I respectfully ask The Hive to pay for my facelift.

4 Likes

The additional hydration with several bottles of fluorescent golden gatorade will be extra too.

They aren’t declassified.

What can I do to turn down the heat?

1 Like

Oh, I agree it’s suspect and I’m just throwing it out there as something that would fit his character, so there is at least ONE other explanation for why he kept this stuff other than trying to monetize it.

The beauty part is that he’s going down for this, whatever the motive was. This is the most clear-cut and simple criminal prosecution of anything we’ve heard about him doing so far.

4 Likes

In 2017 during a Trump voter panel, one of the participants said that if Jesus came down from the cross and told him Trump was guilty of something, he’d still want to see proof.

We’re only a scandal or two away from the “aliens did it” excuse, and I don’t say that in jest.

5 Likes

Kash Patel looked terrified and desperate in that Fox News appearance. Wide-eyed stare with barely any blinks. It’s the sort of thing I’d expect to see from a kidnapping victim reading a videotaped “proof of life” speech.

6 Likes

It would be helpful to have authorized classifiers from the appropriate agencies (DOE, CIA, DoD, etc.) do a classification review of all the MAL documents. If the results of such a review were released in general unclassified terms, it would take FOIA issues off the table and allow DOJ to have classification experts testify that under the prevailing guidance, to go from TS/SCI to unclassified was nuts.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available