Schiff Calls Sondland’s Testimony ‘Among The Most Significant Evidence To Date’ | Talking Points Memo

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) on Tuesday called the testimony of the ambassador to the European Union, Gordon Sondland, “among the most significant evidence to date” in the ongoing impeachment inquiry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1263829

So here’s what gonna happen next.

Trump will confess he never knew Sondland.

Sondland and his family will have to go undercover with protection from the death threats.

The GOP will discredit and smear Sondland as a Never Trumper.

I am sure I am missing something. Anyone? Anything else??

7 Likes

The only thing that I find surprising in all this is that Trump didn’t pressure Ukraine to investigate Barack Obama’s birth certificate.

7 Likes

Sheriff Joe beat him to that…

1 Like

13 Likes

What a joke. These clowns were all massaging each other for their own individual ends. Lock them up!

3 Likes

From the few minutes I just caught on the radio, it sounds like Rank [sic] Member Nunes’s questioning could be reduced to a simple script.

repeat {
  state next bogus conspiracy theory
  ask witness about bogus conspiracy theory
  wait for witness to answer
  ignore answer
  ready next bogus talking point
} until hell-freezes-over
8 Likes

You forget the sequence. First he will concoct a nickname. Then he will confess he never knew him. Etc Etc.

3 Likes

Schiff is making a bribery case which would be independent of the case for high crimes and misdemeanors. I have to say, the case is getting more and more airtight. Imagine if the House was able to enforce subpoenas!

9 Likes

Impeach the motherfucker already!

1 Like

Oh.

15 Likes

Gym Jordon, who is recovering after being extricated from Trump’s anus at Walter Reed, has been tweeting during testimony.

Schiff is an assassin. Glad he’s on the side of justice.

6 Likes

The GOP will attempt to discredit Sondland–
‘‘He’s not trustworthy, he’s changed his story.’’
‘‘He’ll say/do anything to avoid prosecution.’’
‘‘He’s being used to further the agenda of others.’’
‘‘He’s the corrupt one.’’

Sound like anyone we know??? :smirk::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Quid pro ho-ho-ho

3 Likes

Sondland said he did not associated Burisma with Bidens or that he did he didn’t associate Trump’s request with Biden. (Schiff talking about it RIGHT now).

Here’s article from May. Giuliani’s cancelled trip to Ukraine lays it all out.

Front page of the New York Times. But he had no idea.

4 Likes

One can only marvel at Schiff’s coolness, logic, professionalism, fairness, balance, and unwavering fidelity to the Constitution and the rule of law.

6 Likes

Whatabout conspiracy theories about Bidens/Clinton/Obama from the GOP will become louder and wackier.

1 Like

I believe we’re looking at the next Speaker of the House.

2 Likes

Well all anyone needs to do about that conspiracy theory is read the evidence from Stone’s trial into the record in the House. It covers it. If Stone was convicted in part for being the conduit from the White House to Wikileaks, and Bannon testified that he was, then game over.

6 Likes