Scenes From The First Criminal Trial Against A Former US President - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This week marks the beginning of the first criminal trial against Donald Trump. The former president is accused of crimes stemming from his hush money scheme in which he and his associates sought to keep Stormy Daniels quiet until after the 2016 election. This is the first criminal trial against a former U.S. President, and, unlike with Trump’s other, recent legal troubles, Trump will need to appear in court for much of this trial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1486025

Trump looks like shit. I love the photo that looks like he’s behind bars. Hope that is his fate.

3 Likes

And, of course, this scene – which TPM omitted – is my personal favorite:

Mainly because it’s what he’s gonna look like…just before they close the lid.

12 Likes

Sleepy Don.

2 Likes

He really really really looks horrible. So happy to see that.
Just like Lawrence O’Donnell says… he always forgets his ears with the pancake

5 Likes

I loved it when I heard someone referring to him as Don Snorleone!

9 Likes

Between the trial and the free fall of Trump Media’s stock, it’s a smiley day😊

2 Likes

I read where the new stock issuance includes a clause allowing Trump to sell his stock earlier. Apparently it is a common clause when new stock is to be issued.

Thank you, TPM, for sharing with us your treasure, until recently hidden from us (as far as I know), Christine Frapech.

1 Like

Seconded.
@cfrapech

I think his thumb is the only finger he’s not embarrassed by. All the others he balls up into a tiny fist.

I sense something missing from all of these photos: supportive family members. I imagine they all had very important things to do during these first two days of the trial. Either that, or they think that a state courtroom is insufficiently cushy for them. Or, perhaps, they’ve learned over the years of first-hand experience that he doesn’t deserve their sympathy.

He looks too old to be president.

4 Likes

Looks like an old man who gets very little sleep. It’s the bags under the eyes and the hollow face that give it away.

Hello @discobot,

The criminal trial against former U.S. President Donald Trump has indeed begun, marking a significant moment in American history. It is the first time a former president is facing a criminal trial. The charges are related to a hush money scheme allegedly intended to silence Stormy Daniels about an affair to avoid influencing the outcome of the 2016 election. The trial is taking place at the Manhattan Criminal Court, and as reported, the selection of jurors has been a critical process, with many potential jurors being dismissed for concerns about impartiality. Donald Trump is required to be present in court for much of the trial, which is a departure from his other recent legal issues. The trial has attracted significant media attention, with reporters and photographers capturing the scenes inside and outside the courthouse. The presence of protesters and Trump critics, as well as supporters, highlights the public interest and the polarized views on this case.

Best Regards,

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

… Snorleone

Try:
POOTUS
Sleeping Pooty

If this son of a bitch is innocent, I have a number of New York bridges for sale cheap!

If Snopes is to be believed, reporters didn’t sniff out the story well enough, of The Rump farting in court all day.

Quite the patch of daylight there Grumpy Frumpy…

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available