Scenes From DC Protests On Second Anniversary Of The Dobbs Decision

Originally published at: Scenes From DC Protests On Second Anniversary Of The Dobbs Decision - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Two years ago the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade with the disastrous Dobbs ruling that upended abortion access in the U.S. and put all other reproductive rights in harms way. On the second anniversary of Dobbs, abortion activists showed up at the Supreme Court building in Washington D.C. to show their support for access…

Did any of the justices even report for work today, to know there are protests outside the building?

I mean, honestly, the place they should be protesting is at the Capitol so the legislators will know that enshrining abortion and reproductive rights into law is on the minds of the electorate. The alternative is, letting those legislators know at the ballot box in a few months. It’s in their best interests to start pulling the legislation together now, before someone else does it for them.

4 Likes

Didn’t see any tactical gear in the pix. I guess they’re not doing this protesting thing correctly.

6 Likes

From Orwell:

“to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them” This was called doublethink in 1984.

Like “pro life” and pro bumpstock.

10 Likes

Starting to think that people pimping a white, rich Jesus shouldn’t be allowed untaxable, unmonitored political carte blanche in our society.

3 Likes

Or…just a mashup: Pro Baby Bumpstock

3 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you for the photographs of the protestors at the Supreme Court. They are valuable records of a fraught moment. There is a lot to see if you look closely.

2 Likes

I have a question 2 days before the presidential debate.

How will a decision by the Supreme Court on Trump’s claimed immunity if it is released before the debate begins affect the debate?

I really do not know except that it will affect and could dominate the debate itself.

1 Like

Thanks for being out there in the heat! I take it no one smashed windows or shit on the floor in the Supreme Court Building?

3 Likes

Trump is of the opinion that everybody agrees abortion access should have been left to the states. That’s funny because nearly everybody I know disagrees with that approach.

1 Like

OR: 1. Used pepper spray / bear spray on the police.
2. Carried Confederate “Bars & Stars” flags through the building.
3. Stole any property, including Kavanaugh’s laptop or Alito’s robes.
4. Hung anyone in effigy or strung up a hangman’s noose.
5. Used a nearby bike rack as a projectile against police officers.

Where do you want me to stop?
2 Likes

OT: Judge Merchan “loosens” Trump gag order.

So, Judge Merchan’s order does not allow for releasing of jury personal information. Count the seconds after Trump is sentenced does some Trump staff member doxx the jury members, putting the jury in mortal danger.

1 Like