Scarborough’s ‘Russian’ Epstein Theory | Talking Points Memo

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough took to Twitter shortly after news of Jeffrey Epstein’s death broke Saturday morning to theorize about… a Russian connection?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1241769

I hope there’s in investigation of everyone who works at that particular facility, and I hope someone reminds them all that they are now “loose ends”, too.

49 Likes

Indeed.

16 Likes

I agree, but, kind of, well, “odd”, coming from him, given his history. And I’m not just talking about his being a former leading Repub deep in the anti-Clintons effort. I’m talking about the well-known CT regarding a former intern of his. Even if it’s baseless, weird for him to talk about this.

Well, who would have better insight into such a thing than someone like him.

11 Likes

Polonium tea?

5 Likes

Just another unfortunate meal at the Putin Bistro for someone deemed too risky for the entrenched power structure.

7 Likes

Btw, to everyone who demands and expect a thorough investigation of this, well, sure, but by whom? Surely not by the folks whose legal, political, professional and social interests were likely served by his death and resulting silence. And that’s not necessarily just at the DoJ level. There was a reason those rumors about well-known Dems allegedly having been his “clients” came out the other day. It was a message to all who might be taken down by what he had to say, on both sides: back off.

25 Likes

Or the CIA, or MI5, or the Mossad. Or all of them together.

2 Likes

Maybe not CIA/MI5. The fact that US and UK wealthy pedophiles wanted him dead doesn’t mean CIA/MI5 would be willing to engage wet work. Mossad, maybe.

#MOB, OTOH?

[editing for clarity]

When I say #MOB, of course, I am talking about transnational crime syndicates. See #RussianLaundry #Trump #Epstein

2 Likes

As people have pointed out on Twitter, it would appear that no one has standing now to block law enforcement from taking possession of all potential evidence that was in Epstein’s possession.

But Trump wants to govern in the image of Putin or Kim -has governed in the images of Putin and Kim in that he does not respect any law that constrains him -so I fully understand the deep cynicism regarding the suicide explanation.

23 Likes

Who is now in charge of the Department of Justice?

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see who next suffers an “unexpected” death.

12 Likes

“thorough investigation…but by whom?”

Will settle for the lady running the NY State’s Atty office, personally.

33 Likes

Something is fetid.

6 Likes

Scarborough Thinks Something ‘Russian’ Is Going On With Epstein’s Death

Joe’s Putin’ us on.

Seriously - Russia doesn’t give a damn - it’s either 45* 's order or some other oligarch Epstein was blackmailing.

19 Likes

Iwanker tRump.

3 Likes

Joe: What is your evidence? You know that the simplest hypothesis is most often the correct one. Jail guards are notorious for sleeping on the job. They also know that there’s rarely any penalties for a prisoner suicide.

5 Likes

34 Likes

It’s just NOT the very rich & very powerful people who are very very happy today…Mrs Birther#3 is probably happy too…Epstein introduced her to Mr. Birther aka Predator King!

If Epstein’s suicide has no foul play, then he cheated a lot of his victims and took the easy way out.

If there was foul play in Epstein’s suicide, I think Russia’s exposure per se is indirect…through their puppet. So it seems likely that if there’s foul play, it’s through “local labor” (not foreign labor) using Russian playbook.

Addendum:
A thread in twitter…with an $18B MBS link. Just an FYI:

21 Likes
16 Likes