Sarah Huckabee Sanders Says She’s ‘Very Seriously’ Looking At Bid For Governor | Talking Points Memo

Former White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders edged closer to announcing plans to run for Arkansas governor on Sunday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1281390

Remember when people would leave administration jobs and then take a time out before either getting a lobbyist job, or running for public office? You know, to avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest? Good times.

12 Likes

“I love Arkansas, I love my home state, I am so happy to be back home and we’ll see what happens,” she said. “But certainly looking at that.”

It says right here on page 1 of the “The Old Smokey-Eye Survival Handbook,”

Pretend it’s opposite day whenever her mouth is open.

So, I guess we can conclude:

• she doesn’t love Arkansas
  • she doesn’t love her home state
  • she’s not happy to be back home
  • she’s not really looking at running (which could mean the decision has already been made for her)
13 Likes

I’m sure Little Rock is tons of fun after DC. :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sure, Sarah, sure.

11 Likes

The lobbyist thing, sure, but what (appearance of) conflict of interest do you expect if she runs for (or becomes) governor?

I’m not up on Arkansas politics. Who’s her opposition: a dead snail?

8 Likes

If the people of Arkansas choose to elect a degenerate liar, that’s their business. I’m just glad she’s off the national stage, and those of us not in Arkansas won’t have our intelligence assaulted on a daily basis by her. Trump, of course, is still there.

19 Likes

My aversion to Sanders is simple. Aside from whatever political party she belongs to, she is mean-spirited.

At the McConnell level and only her abject stupidity averts that possibility…

14 Likes

I can see the girl-power movie trailer:

She’s a small town girl who did what her daddy told her. But when she moved to the big city (cue music trumpet blast 80s style needledrop)
She found her calling. She’s sassy, brassy and doesn’t take yes for an answer! What’s this gal gonna do for a career? Run for Governor and take on the entrenched little people!
Coming this Summer - watch out for Sarah Huckabee Sanders in …Let Sleepy Dogs Lie!

8 Likes

Hey Hamhock, you know you need to show up for that job, even when you don’t feel like it, right?

8 Likes

At least she’s not the Huckabee that tortured and killed a defenseless dog. As far as I know, that is. I wouldn’t want to misunderestimate her.

But, you’re right. She has that Huckabee mean-spiritedness, and loves to use religion as a cudgel against others.

10 Likes

I know, how quaint.

3 Likes

She won’t be the first pathological liar named Huckabee to occupy the Arkansas governor’s mansion.

If nothing else she’ll be closer to her clothier, North Little Rock Tent & Awning.

11 Likes

Sure hope there are no stutterers in AR. She lost their vote.

BTW, how does one belittle and bully stutterers and those that mentor them “respectfully”? (This is not an apology, despite what the headlines say)

8 Likes

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Says She’s ‘Very Seriously’ Looking At Bid For Governor

Is she giving it the smoky eye?

Pretty sure the democratic candidate for arkansas governor is going “Oh please oh please oh please”. What’s going to happen the first time she scolds the press pool on the campaign trail?

4 Likes

So is it “smokey-eye”, “smoky eye”, or “smocky eye”?

4 Likes

Arkansas deserves Aunt Lydia.

2 Likes

“I love Arkansas, I love my home state, I am so happy to be back home and we’ll see what happens,” she said. “But certainly looking at that.”

Said Sarah Sanders, speaking from West Palm Beach, Florida.

Fucking focused like a laser! Just like her previous boss, Trump.

11 Likes

Without a lying, devious, amoral sycophant to act as press secretary (like her former self), however would she survive?

3 Likes

This is great news for Little Rock Tent and Awning Company!

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available