Sanders: Arizona Dems’ Censure Of Sinema For Torpedoing Voting Bills Was ‘Absolutely’ Appropriate | Talking Points Memo

That’s assuming she intends to run for the Senate again.

I have my doubts.

6 Likes

“I’ll see YOU after school.”

3 Likes

My good friend who is a Dem-leaning Independent told me the other day that she’s getting back a lot of money in taxes this year, more than twice as much as last year. She said “Girl, any issues I might’ve had with Biden are over. I didn’t know they were doing all this!”

Yep. She completely misunderstands how and why it worked for him. McCain rarely ever voted against his party (except when they tried to kill Obamacare which was quite likely personal for several reasons). What mostly gave him the maverick label is because he coauthored legislation with Democrats. That didn’t undermine his party at all. Doing so actually helped his party.

15 Likes

At this point, what does it matter if Manch-enema flip the senate? They are clearly conspiring with Republicons to undermine the Dem. agenda. It just makes Dems. look more ineffective when we control all 3 branches but can not do anything. Yes, Dems. are getting judges appointed, but the Cons control the SC for the next generation so it doesn’t matter what lower court judges decide. Dems. need to forget about Manch-enema and focus on the next election. Dems. must go to the people and ask for a supermajority so they can move the country forward. Manch-enema are the enemy third column and Dems. need to wake up and deal with that fact.

3 Likes

That’s why we must elect at least two more Dems. Doing so would render her completely irrelevant and she’d have zero ability to hurt the party. She’d get no attention and she’d be in the position of having to either vote against legislation that passes or vote for things she previously said no to.

11 Likes

Doubtful, even Moscow Mitch has some depths he won’t stoop to…

2 Likes

:notes: Bernie doesn’t live in Arizona. :notes:

1 Like

Is it possible to get a cease-and-desist order on @dannydorko on a late Sunday afternoon? Asking for the rest of us on this thread. :wink:

4 Likes

The censure is right and just because Sinema is wrong, more than wrong, she is evil. Az. Dems. are right to disassociate the Dem… party from her. If she were to flip and officially moves to the dark side it would only prove the Az. Dems. right.

2 Likes

Dum-dum, also too.

4 Likes

Bernie has been a team player and kept his followers, for the most part, on board. He has supported Biden’s agenda. Biden has wisely made an effort to heal the divisions within the Democratic Party.

4 Likes

Remember when the conventional wisdom from the punditocracy was the Squad and progressive caucus were the ones who were going to stomp their feet and gum up the agenda where for the better part of the past year it’s been Manchin and Sinister.

2 Likes

I acknowledge that she did support voters rights, but voting against filibuster reform meant the loss of voting rights and that could mean the end of America as a democracy. So, I think it is totally appropriate for Democrats and Independents to voice anger at her actions.

1 Like

“Hi! I’m Kyrsten Sinema, and these are my Rick Perry Smart Glasses!”

3 Likes

She looks like the suspect in one of those “Florida teacher caught with underage students” stories that were once ubiquitous.

1 Like

Twenty lashes come with the censure? Esp. if she flips the Senate…

1 Like

Until Florida legalized it!

I have to say I am very angry with Sinema and have secured not just my vote for another democrat at primary time (2024) but 5 others who have told me they will not vote for her… or a republican.

2 Likes

I presume and hope that the Stephen Breyer will step down if the Democrats lose the Senate and do so in the lame duck period to allow the Dems to nominate and approve a new justice.

I am concerned about pissing Sinema off too much to the point where she won’t vote for a new justice out of spite.

2 Likes

Meanwhile …

Sanders: … Sinema … Torpedoing Voting Bills Was ‘Absolutely’ Appropriate | Fox News

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available