Sanders: Arizona Dems’ Censure Of Sinema For Torpedoing Voting Bills Was ‘Absolutely’ Appropriate | Talking Points Memo

“…trying to make it harder for…”

Forget the litany.

Republicans are making it harder for everyone. By either action or inaction. they’re not helping anyone but themselves.

8 Likes

Something seriously off for sure: trying to make sense of her is like getting your face pushed through a bowl of oatmeal; it’s all mush, there’s no there there except it feels like suffocating anyway.

12 Likes

I respectfully dissent from the view of most TPM posters and really dislike Sanders. His view is destructive.

Reminder: I hate Sinema. She’s awful. That said, a censure is counterproductive. She votes with President Biden over 80% of the time. That’s better than any GOPer would do in her place.

I want Sinema to lose her primary in 2024. No censure; just Democrats kicking her out.

Ruben Gallego would handily defeat Sinema, and could win a strong victory in the statewide race, especially if the Republicans nominate a nut job as they likely will do.

13 Likes

I totally agree with you Sen Sanders!

The Arizona Democratic Party have every right to censure trashy Sinema!

4 Likes

We need every Democratic vote. But Sinema is not the kind of person who responds to any logic but hers. Right now, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden and Harris have this problem with her (and Manchin).

All of the above individuals are above my Pay Grade and I am hoping against hope that they can MANAGE both Manchin and Sinema, both of whom are capable of giving 100% in exchange for 0% and 0% in exchange for 100%.

7 Likes

How in the hell would that help her or anyone else? If she wants to be universally despised for the rest of her life by everyone that would be a great move I guess but there would be absolutely no pay off for her. Maybe she’s that stupid. Like I keep saying, Sinema is gonna do what she’s gonna do. There’s no way to predict the next move from an irrational crazy person. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

:laughing: :rofl: :joy: :joy_cat: That’s funny right there. :white_check_mark:

8 Likes

Negative publicity has a way of curing that disorder.

5 Likes

And yet the GOP hasn’t done a thing about Cruz and Hawley"s role in the insurrection, not even a slap on the hand.

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, “censure” only works on people who have a sense of shame. So exclude Sinema Verité and the entire Republican Party. It’s now as obsolete as the filibuster.

6 Likes

What if both were arrested?

3 Likes

Then they’d both get the GOP’s full support and LOTS of PAC money for their campaigns.

3 Likes

She’s so far away from that “goal” it’s not even worth mentioning. Sinema is nobody’s “Maverick”. I wouldn’t even put McCain in that category after he hugged GWB. McCain fell right back in line like a good little soldier. Sinema’s political career may last a few more Scaramucci’s if that.

9 Likes

It would be the ultimate nyah, nyah move and I’m convinced she likes doing those.

3 Likes

If voting rights weren’t so important right now she wouldn’t have been censured. Someone had to do it.

9 Likes

What’s the payoff? I don’t see it, unless she’s just batshit crazy like Trump and doesn’t care. She has zero political talent as it is so pulling a stupid stunt like that might even garner her a few threats from people who are more mentally unbalanced than she is. It would be a very dangerous move imo. Her best bet is to try and smooth things out between herself and the folks back home who put her there in the first place. Otherwise she needs to find another occupation.

2 Likes

Was her response written on her jacket, “I really don’t care, do U?”

3 Likes

And now nobody cares about Malaria. :laughing:

6 Likes

Nah, she’d lose her power moves and what little value she has left to cash in on.
The Rs would toss her to the curb and the money spigot would dry up immediately.

7 Likes

In the context of Arizona politics, Sanders speaking up in this fashion simply confirms for the GOP its talking points with regard to all democrats. Not sure how helpful.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available