San Juan Mayor: Trump ‘Get Out Of Way’ | Talking Points Memo

San Juan, Puerto Rico Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz is still not holding back when responding to President Donald Trump’s remarks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1245207
2 Likes

We ALL need Trump to get out of the way. The world needs Trump to get out of the way.----

27 Likes

She should run for Governor.

13 Likes

He’ll get a twofer if he nukes this one

6 Likes

I wish someone would point out Trump’s cowardly use of Twitter. “We will not be concerned by someone who wants to rule us by Tweets instead of speaking directly to us to resolve our common problems.”

There. Is that so hard?

13 Likes

I’d like to suggest the book “We Fed an Island” by Chef José Andrés if you’re interested in what it was like on the ground in Puerto Rico for a group trying to feed people during the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.

You may have first heard of Chef Andrés as the chef that walked out of a restaurant agreement with trump when trump began his Hispanic and immigrant-bashing during the 2016 campaign.

The book is conversational in tone and recounts his team’s efforts to bring food to hard-hit areas - he doesn’t shy from pointing out failures in disaster response, but the focus of the book is on his food projects.

16 Likes

She announced she’s a candidate for Governor of Puerto Rico back in March. With the scandals shaking up the current leadership in Puerto Rico, her chances are looking good.

12 Likes

“Will it ever end?” What, Donald? You mean weather? What a god damned buffoon.

13 Likes

More like this, please. Ridicule and ignoring his idiotic tweets will kill him.

11 Likes

Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz will call trumpp when PR needs more paper towels. Other than that, trumpp is only interested in a photo op and glory for himself, and criticism for everyone else.

5 Likes

One of the better songs on Sharp Objects was “Pa’lante” by Hurray for the Riff-Raff. It’s about that aftermath. My car has a few hundred decals on it. I added “Pa’lante!” on the rear window after hearing this song. It’s gorgeous.

4 Likes

Taylor Swift has said it, even got Kelly Anne singing the ditty.

"If you say it on the street, that’s a knockout/
“If you say it in a tweet, that’s a cop out.”

Admittedly not the most profound stanza I’ve ever read but her fans certainly know who she’s talking about. And although I’m not a fan, she’s speaking truth to power and I say more power to her.

6 Likes

Poor, little Kelly Anne. So clueless, she doesn’t even know when she embarrasses herself.

4 Likes

Dark humor, but I would bet that Trump already has said this.

6 Likes

Yeah, the Grand Old Fart needs to get out of the fucking way. I second that. Motion passed.

8 Likes

Puerto Rico is due for a Tea Party, and I don’t mean a bunch of old white men dressing up in Colonial drag. Enough of this taxation without representation.

5 Likes

Go Girl !!! Kick Trump in his ass .

2 Likes

Maybe Donald should trade Puerto Rico for Greenland?

Trump still thinks Puerto Rico is a foreign country.

How many lives will this man’s ignorance and bigotry cost when the tally comes in?

6 Likes

Ronald Reagan would agree.