Samuel Alito ‘Jokes’ About Black Kids In KKK Robes

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Oral arguments before the Supreme Court on Monday in a closely watched public accommodation case were, I think the legal term is, a “shitshow.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1441206
1 Like

First. Scalito sux!

Loose Cannon is free now to make some minor rulings to try to rehabilitate her reputation. She knows the case will be pried from her hands soon.

50 Likes

Justice Samuel Alito – think-skinned

I know it’s supposed to read “thick,” but I prefer “snake.”

Edited: Thin not thick! Now I two feel the sharp stink of typos.

34 Likes

I’m less annoyed at Alito’s line of joking (however unfunny) and LIVID at the false equivalency he pulled from his ass. Good on the state solicitor general with the quick response that KKK outfits are not protected characteristics. This is basic stuff, and yet here’s a Supreme Court justice “just asking the question”.

In addition, equating gay couples with a white supremacist terrors group truly is telling. I also see Covid Barrett didn’t recuse herself. Oy what a term this is. And we’re not even at Moore v Harper yet (which is tomorrow!)

60 Likes

I remember at my first book signing NO ONE at all showed up.

Oh wait, I’ve never written a book, my bad.

39 Likes

Alito is clearly living his best life right now—he’s letting his racist flag fly prominently.

58 Likes

And how does Matt Gertz feel about it?

14 Likes

Moscow Says Ukrainian Drones Hit Third Russian Airfield in Two Days

30 Likes

This should go over well with independents How dare you save our lives???
Ron DeSantis Says He Plans to Hold Pfizer and Moderna Accountable For Making False Claims About Their Shots › American Greatness (amgreatness.com)

26 Likes

Let us not forget that the case being argued during this “shit show” of “jokes” was purely hypothetical. The person who did not wanna do web stuff for gay couples had not yet done business with any couples.
The case was …as my mom would have said… “On account a because” and had no real substance other than the plaintiff’s feelings.

45 Likes

How often has Sammy hit up Ashley Madison?

36 Likes

He is not alone… Can’t imagine being one of the dem judges having to sit there and listen to this shit
‘Venom’: Experts shocked as Gorsuch accuses Colorado of forcing anti-LGBTQ baker into ‘re-education program’ - Alternet.org

32 Likes

I don’t know who Matt Gertz is, but he most likely has more cause for concern than does Eddie Munster.

14 Likes

Geezus christ. Looks like Olsen is a true champ though, firmly standing up to these bigoted scumbags multiple times.

Dangerous road we’re headed down, if you can use your (Christian) religion to get an exemption from respecting the rights of others in the public sphere.

47 Likes

As I said yesterday, Don’t go to Florida
‘Lost my temper’: Elderly Florida man settles laundry room dispute by killing the HOA president and her husband - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

34 Likes

So … um, anyone else thinking: Maybe Alito’s starting to develop senile dementia?

I mean, at 72 it’d be a little early for him, but not so early as to be considered early onset.

31 Likes

35 Likes
24 Likes

No. We think he just decided to let his racism hang out there for all to see. After all…What are you going to do about it??? He has that job for life

35 Likes

MAGA Republicans’ Hunter Biden obsession underscores a ‘deep psychological need’: Former Reagan speechwriter - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available