Rural Counties Consider an Alternative Type of Social Distancing — Kicking Chicago Out of Illinois | Talking Points Memo

Please don’t call us chi town. We hate that. There’s an Acura commercial using that word, phrase. I will never buy an Acura.

They’ve become a death cult. They line up and eagerly await the deaths of others, and it doesn’t matter who either. Children, the elderly, the sick. As long as it’s “those people” they are fine with anyone dying.

We’re a farming community. We know how to wash our hands.

“It’s very lackadaisical,” McNeil said. “A lot of people I don’t see taking the precautions seriously.”

“When we didn’t have any cases, there was a real complacency going on,” said Denise Larson, Christian County public health administrator.

It’s not just complacency. Arrogance.

2 Likes

My lot is not all that large, under an acre. Then there is a spring in the back corner which creates a small stream that runs diagonally across the back. When I bought the place it was soon apparent that every time it rained there would be a foul pond in the back. I researched and then hired an engineer to see what could be done. The solution was to rip everything out. The septic tank was replaced a single small tank ATM system. The resulting liquid is then mixed with the outtake of the greywater system that discharges directly into a tertiary filter bed then into the stream, no buried leach bed needed. I do testing every quarter at each stage. As I stated earlier the water coming from the tertiary bed is of higher quality than the spring. Yea, it takes some space in the yard, but no grass to mow, and the wild flowers found throughout the bed have attracted many birds and beneficial insects, a plus. One thing that is missing are the mosquitoes that used to make being outdoors in the early evening very unpleasant.

Last thoughts, since there is a greywater system, the black water tank can be very small, 100 gallons, as there is only discharge from the 2 bidets. That tank is even smaller thanks to the bidets as no, or very little, paper enters the system.

Best part, cost to install was 1/2 that of a standard septic system.

If it’s anything like NY State, Chicago and its suburbs subsidize the rural areas while the people in the rural area imagine they’re subsidizing Chicago. Reason: how could all those lazy minorities and liberal Whites not be dependent on the hard working salt of the earth people? Their whole world view depends on that.

1 Like

Guessing you weren’t thrilled about Chiberia a couple winters ago? :wink:

1 Like

Good luck plowing and paving that state road without that sweet Chicago tax revenue.

5 Likes

Still sucks less than “Cali”.

2 Likes

Or 'Bama…

1 Like

I’m rather fond of Pennsyltucky.

4 Likes

yeah when they have Hoof and Mouth disease or brain-wasting cow disease and other crap, Chicago doesn’t talk about cutting them loose.

Freaking idiots, where do they think they will get any ‘funds’ for their new ‘state’ when Chicago is cut-off from them?

1 Like

Faster than Amazon Primate…

2 Likes

Isn’t that the town in Wales?

4 Likes

Way too many vowels.

6 Likes

Maybe it should be disenvoweled?

3 Likes

“There’s nobody around here that’s got it,” Powell said. “We’re a farming community. We know how to wash our hands. We’re with pigs and cows and chickens. In this community, it’s really hard to comprehend.”

Says the owner of a “busy little bar and grill” where people were congregating up until a week or so ago… And whose particular county has just been diagnosed with a couple of cases.

Stupid indeed.

2 Likes

Bingo!
Well - AT LEAST their tax dollars won’t go to the big city. And after a while the potholes in the roads will swallow those little hybrid cars (that’ll teach 'em!).

2 Likes

Wow! Cute pink face mask. In size XXS, too!

2 Likes

Surely, @ralph_vonholst can confirm that for us.

2 Likes

My partner’s family is from Springfield. It has been an education to go on occasional visits there to see what it’s like. Your description is spot on.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available