Rural Counties Consider an Alternative Type of Social Distancing — Kicking Chicago Out of Illinois | Talking Points Memo

Hence the “Oathkeepers.” :laughing:

2 Likes

They should go ahead and do it. Then of course you will hear the howl when their taxes, etc go through the roof. I’m sure Chi town is supporting the rest of the state at least two or three fold. Just like northern states support most of the southern one. And of course both Chicago and northern states are called takers.

2 Likes

Granted, however, a septic system can produce high quality water. My system for example produces water quality higher than that coming from springs on the property. The engineer who designed the system stated that the system should be pumped every 20 years. I actually have been told that the settling pit for the greywater system needs more care and management due to all the soap solids etc.

1 Like

The one benefit of us having the septic system was our back yard where the fields and tanks were buried the lawn was lush green, almost like a Scott’s fertilizer ad. After the sewer hookup it became less green.

Fuck them. It’s the tax dollars generated in the Chicago metro area that pays the bills in this state, as it does in every other state with a major metro area. Can I say fuck them again?

2 Likes

“We are fighting 4 Viruses:”

5: Covfefe-45

1 Like

As someone who lives in downstate Illinois (near St. Louis) it is always amusing to read about people in 30,000 or less population Illinois counties complain about Chicago.

The two counties adjacent to St. Louis have a combined population of about 550,000. So the bulk of Illinois’s population is concentrated in Cook County and the Chicago suburban counties and the two St. Louis counties.

The other major areas with population tend to be college towns, like Champaign-Urbana. The University of Illinois is a world class university in several areas. What do these separatists think happens to the U of I after the tax dollars (and students) from the Chicago area stop going there?

And of course the answer is they don’t think. They just whine because all the people in the Chicago area–which is around 80% of the state’s population, mind you–get to make all the decisions. Duh.

The Republicans in downstate have this fantasy all the time about forming a 51st state. Obviously, it’s never going to happen.

3 Likes

Please don’t call us chi town. We hate that. There’s an Acura commercial using that word, phrase. I will never buy an Acura.

They’ve become a death cult. They line up and eagerly await the deaths of others, and it doesn’t matter who either. Children, the elderly, the sick. As long as it’s “those people” they are fine with anyone dying.

We’re a farming community. We know how to wash our hands.

“It’s very lackadaisical,” McNeil said. “A lot of people I don’t see taking the precautions seriously.”

“When we didn’t have any cases, there was a real complacency going on,” said Denise Larson, Christian County public health administrator.

It’s not just complacency. Arrogance.

2 Likes

My lot is not all that large, under an acre. Then there is a spring in the back corner which creates a small stream that runs diagonally across the back. When I bought the place it was soon apparent that every time it rained there would be a foul pond in the back. I researched and then hired an engineer to see what could be done. The solution was to rip everything out. The septic tank was replaced a single small tank ATM system. The resulting liquid is then mixed with the outtake of the greywater system that discharges directly into a tertiary filter bed then into the stream, no buried leach bed needed. I do testing every quarter at each stage. As I stated earlier the water coming from the tertiary bed is of higher quality than the spring. Yea, it takes some space in the yard, but no grass to mow, and the wild flowers found throughout the bed have attracted many birds and beneficial insects, a plus. One thing that is missing are the mosquitoes that used to make being outdoors in the early evening very unpleasant.

Last thoughts, since there is a greywater system, the black water tank can be very small, 100 gallons, as there is only discharge from the 2 bidets. That tank is even smaller thanks to the bidets as no, or very little, paper enters the system.

Best part, cost to install was 1/2 that of a standard septic system.

If it’s anything like NY State, Chicago and its suburbs subsidize the rural areas while the people in the rural area imagine they’re subsidizing Chicago. Reason: how could all those lazy minorities and liberal Whites not be dependent on the hard working salt of the earth people? Their whole world view depends on that.

1 Like

Guessing you weren’t thrilled about Chiberia a couple winters ago? :wink:

1 Like

Good luck plowing and paving that state road without that sweet Chicago tax revenue.

5 Likes

Still sucks less than “Cali”.

2 Likes

Or 'Bama…

1 Like

I’m rather fond of Pennsyltucky.

4 Likes

yeah when they have Hoof and Mouth disease or brain-wasting cow disease and other crap, Chicago doesn’t talk about cutting them loose.

Freaking idiots, where do they think they will get any ‘funds’ for their new ‘state’ when Chicago is cut-off from them?

1 Like

Faster than Amazon Primate…

2 Likes

Isn’t that the town in Wales?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available