Rudy Giuliani Is Running The Risk Of Blowing Up His Own Bankruptcy Case

Originally published at: Rudy Giuliani Is Running The Risk Of Blowing Up His Own Bankruptcy Case - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Incomplete disclosures. Concealing the details of a coffee startup. Blown deadlines. Paying the credit card of a girlfriend. Ignoring pleas from creditors. This is Rudy Giuliani’s $153 million bankruptcy case, and nearly everyone except him appears to be at a breaking point over it. Creditors are asking the judge to appoint a trustee who would…

Frist???

I so desperately want some forensic accountants here. Or can bankruptcy judges impose jail for contempt?

2 Likes

Giuliani is obviously hiding something, including not turning over documents in previous cases. This is causing him great personal harm, so whatever he is hiding must have great value or perceived value. Need to find whatever he is hiding and bring the truth to light.

3 Likes

I want to know how he is paying his girlfriend’s expenses out of “his assets.” What does he mean “his.” All of his assets are part of his bankruptcy estate. Some income sources are exempt but those are pretty limited. Not enough to pay the expenses of a girlfriend.

My impression is that unless/until the case is settled or a trustee is appointed, rudi still has access to his accounts, and it’s just an honor-system agreement that he won’t loot everything and stash it. (Ok, honor system plus doing that is a federal crime.)

2 Likes

That is my point. The article made it sound like paying for his girlfriend out of his assets was no big deal. It is a big deal and every bankruptcy judge I have known, and I have known several, would have reamed him for it by now.

3 Likes

Forget It, Jake, It’s Rudytown.

2 Likes

Rudy has gone from “America’s Mayor” to
… “America’s Village Idiot”

From hat it sounds like, he has a few business entities that are allowed some leeway with expenses so that they may operate, stay in business and bring in more funds. He is hiding payments to his girlfriend there by providing incomplete reports the Court.

You’re right, it is a big deal and he will be slammed for it.

2 Likes