Ron Johnson Joins Graham In Bashing McConnell For Scolding Trump After Acquittal | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) took aim at Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Monday for scolding former President Trump for inciting the mob behind the deadly Capitol insurrection last month. Despite McConnell’s vote to acquit Trump, Johnson took offense to the Senate minority leader’s “scathing” Senate floor speech — much like fellow Trump loyalist Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) did during an interview on “Fox News Sunday.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1360298
2 Likes

Russian intelligence* asset says what now?

*: in the technical sense of the term

50 Likes

reports - CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF THIS

20 Likes

[“Appearing on conservative radio host Jay Weber’s show on Monday…”]

That’s part of it
The other part is the obedience

Bear in mind that in recent polling, 58% of the nation wanted the Senate to convict Trump

31 Likes

Insisting upon believing that Graham, Johnson, and Nunes (and probably Gaetz) are untouched by blackmail is, at this point, absurdly naive.

39 Likes

Go, Ron. Please proceed.

14 Likes

If anything ever meant nothing it is being scolded and bashed by Johnson and Graham.

23 Likes

There may be black mail involved but we must start with box of rocks when talking about RonJohn.

18 Likes

Right now, one of Trump’s biggest allies is not Graham nor Johnson. Rather, it is the late (due to the GOP) Confirmation of Merrick Garland.

15 Likes

“I think Sen. McConnell’s speech, he got a load off his chest, obviously, but unfortunately he put a load on the back of Republicans,” Graham said. “That speech you will see in 2022 campaigns.”

Oh, come on. Sure, Dems might use that speech in campaigns, but I’m pretty sure they’ll have plenty of other clips as well: perhaps you guys defending an assault on the Capitol, attacking a person for voting his or her conscience, taking as your standard bearer a person who may very well be a defendant in numerous state, federal and local actions, both criminal and civil. By the time we get to 2022, you may very well be defending a former POTUS who has fled the country to avoid arrest. For some reason. McConnell’s speech may well be the speech you guys play to show that you have “always” disapproved of his behavior.
Don’t get ahead of yourselves.

17 Likes

July 4 Moscow they are sitting across the table from Lavrov, one of Trump’s handlers.

45 Likes

Nasty little whining toads ‘jump on’ McConnell after btching about Mitch ‘jumping on’ them.

3 Likes

21 Likes

But, but, boys…we need healing and unity now!
You must get past this and show the Democrats the true path to Unity.

14 Likes

The little devil, who lives on my right shoulder, is wild-eyed and unrepentantly giddy upon hearing this news!

Edited…because my little devil is giddier than I first realized

22 Likes

This is exactly what we need… more, Ron.
PSA Time

32 Likes

“So we have to PURIFY our party, our movement,” Johnson said.

Edited for clarification.

2 Likes

I always thought that the two trains would be impossible to top :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Even Big Berkey can’t remove the taint.

4 Likes

Battered… but unbowed…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available