Romney Says Trump Would Likely Win 2024 GOP Nom: ‘He Has By Far The Largest Voice’

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) predicted on Tuesday that ex-President Donald Trump, impeached last month for inciting the assault on the Capitol last month, would likely be the GOP’s contender for the presidency again if he were to launch a bid in 2024.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1361745

Well there you go! We now know where Mittens stands. Didn’t take long, bucking for VP would be my guess.

2 Likes

Mitt says Trump has the largest voice. That’s supposed to be his best attribute. Let’s not forget Trump’s small hands, shall we. Where does that fit within his qualifications for office?

5 Likes

Four years as President, still no qualifications.
MORE CHEESEBURGHERS! STAT!

In 2024 Trump will be 78 and in a the state of senility that would not allow him to speak without soiling himself. Trumptards will find kissing Trump’s ass increasingly disgusting.

23 Likes

Who?

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s give Trump a chance to see if he can kill more than 500,000 Americans in a second term. /s

10 Likes

So we can expect Trump to announce his candidacy at CPAC. We will then immediately see GOPers start to argue that he can’t be charged with any crime on any level because that would be interfering with the election.

28 Likes

And yet, unless he is in prison, the nomination is his if he wants it. Senility will not be a disqualifying condition.
Lotta time between now and then, but I’m already preparing mentally for a second Trump run at the Presidency. And not at all confident he will lose.

2 Likes

I hope they do run the rotting mango again. After his years of daily disasters it will give the Democratic Party good cause to vote as if their lives depended on it. Again.

Add a productive term by President Biden and the Independents will add their support. Please proceed.

7 Likes

GQP in disarray?

Please, please, please have T**** as your candidate.

7 Likes

Nah. Trump removed that restriction

12 Likes

Don’t forget the Diet Coke button.

2 Likes

I agree with .00047% of what Mittens says!

And I .00053% support his right to say it!

4 Likes

If this is the case, I would send binders full of dollars to all and sundry organizations operating now to register new voters, fight (nonviolently, through the court system) voter ID laws and other forms of voter suppression, make new voter registration and voting itself much easier, the long-term project of opposing gerrymandering, and any other organization people like Barak Obama, Stacey Abrams, and Eric Holder humbly ask me me to support via text and email with their wonderful easy-to-press blue Donate buttons.

6 Likes

EXIMPOTUS is going to be so tied up in criminal trials and bankruptcy proceedings over the next four years, he won’t have time to campaign.

10 Likes

‘‘He has by far the largest voice.’’

What a sad commentary about the GOP.

29 Likes

But, he will need the money.

8 Likes

“I haven’t voted for him in the past,” the lawmaker said. “And I would probably be getting behind somebody who I thought more represented the tiny wing of the Republican Party that I represent.”

Mitt … you have no place in the Trumpist GQP. To borrow a phrase, your party has left you.

Why stay?

13 Likes

Heck, we’re already at the point where he speaks and his followers soil themselves.

4 Likes