RNC ‘Ballot Harvest’ Initiative Keeps Making Waves

A new program from the Republican National Committee to encourage early voting and mailed ballots has caused extensive infighting after the party spent years elevating right wing attacks and conspiracies focused on similar initiatives from Democrats. The recent drama has included anger from activists and concern from conservative pundits who saw President Trump express support for the idea, only to  engage in alleged “backtracking” mere months later. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1462522
1 Like

Perhaps their next initiative will be to have all Rethugs vote on Wednesday to pwn the libs.

16 Likes

I am in favor of ballot harvesting by both parties. Then both parties will have an incentive to make voting easier for all concerned. That means one less way for the Republicans to cheat.

20 Likes

A new program from the Republican National Committee to encourage early voting and mailed ballots has caused extensive infighting

May this article prove evergreen.

25 Likes

It’s like those fighting fish, except they’re made of shit.

13 Likes

“Don’t be such a political whore. I have no ide [sic] who you really are but TPM is a propaganda outfit for the Left who hate America,” Gorka wrote in an email. “Here’s your quote: ‘Talking Points Memo are whores for the DNC.’”

Okay, fine, but did he donate to the Journalism Fund?

49 Likes

“Don’t be such a political whore. I have no ide [sic] who you really are but TPM is a propaganda outfit for the Left who hate America,” Gorka wrote in an email. “Here’s your quote: ‘Talking Points Memo are whores for the DNC.’”

Now, now, don’t be nazi, sebastian.

25 Likes

We must encourage all GQP and their muddle headed leaners in the electorate to withhold their votes until the last possible minute. In fact, don’t vote at all, it’s rigged! Trump will win by magic and because he’s the Chosen One.

17 Likes

“It used to be called election day, now it’s election period,” said Trump. “They last forever. They used to last one day and you counted them up … you won or you lost, and nobody had complaints, but today, it’s a horrible system that we have. It’s a corrupt system.”

LOL
Yeah, used to take just a couple of hours, you know, back when there were only a few thousand voters in any given county…

18 Likes

Gorka trashing TPM was all I needed to motivate me to put more money in the TPM Journalism Fund.

Cpeciba Sebby!

30 Likes

This is an argument between Republicans who want as many ways as possible to actually try to get more votes than the Democrats, and Republicans who want as many ways as possible to claim that the election results are wrong so they can throw them out.

23 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhh, is that Ronna McDaniel in the header image?

5 Likes

Sounds like Republicans are worried about their chances. They are right to worry and this latest attempt will not help them other than another reason to whine, blame and cry.

12 Likes

Oh, now they want 2,000 mules?

For 71 million jackasses!

10 Likes

Says the man who knows he is going to lose and is lining up his excuses. Go Biden.

20 Likes

Good advice here.

31 Likes

Just read on cnn that MTG has been booted out of the Freedom Caucus.

24 Likes

Trump was the guy who has whined without a break since he lost. Ya win or ya lose donald. Grow up and find something else to whine about. It makes you look weak

10 Likes

Completely OT. Here is an AI-generated image of what purports to be a typical house in Pennsylvania.
It looks like one of those picture puzzles in a children’s magazine where the goal is to find all the mistakes.
pa

18 Likes

Too funny. Gorka is a Dorka!

14 Likes