Right-Wing Justices Toss Scraps To Anti-Abortion Movement While Unable To Embrace Its Shoddy Argument

AU: Artificial Unintelligence.

A previous-generation AI you could write on a DEC PDP could write that stuff.

1 Like

Apt.

1 Like

A GOP retirement wave could prevent the House getting involved in 2020 2.0 election-throwing chicanery on January 6, 2025. What’s funny is that in 2024, I’m typing that & from the news of what happened already in 2021 & reporting on ongoing utter-whack GOP election-fraud planning, & not because of some off-publication that specializes in sasquatch close encounters & UFOs. No disrespect here for UFOs, but really. This is where we’re at.

All those missing GOP voters who would have made 2022 a wave election, etc., may be the flywheel of people who are old enough to remember when assuming people don’t remember the past was a red flag on a politician. That flywheel holds only so much energy. Can it gain energy? We hear a lot about “heritage” this that & the other from the right-wing end of things, but to a certain pernicious parlance of the present day, everything that isn’t “disruptive” (and good, so the sentiment goes) is a “legacy” (something to be disrupted).

What can possibly be the product the GOP & its Bannonesque present composition are trying to sell, when they must disrupt, destabilize, obfuscate, lie, call “fraud” when they are committing fraud, & “flood the zone with shit” to sell it? Of what does the reality they are promoting consist? What is their faith in it made of? How do they think it will end for them? And this country they used to run around crying in paroxysms for?

1 Like

She needed to go on Dancing with the Stars in a frilly & damn-near-avian day-glo outfit first, but she didn’t. So she’s done. Is there a Kennedy School of Election Denial with a spare fellowship now?

1 Like

What happens when all those hammers run around together, but can’t find a single nail anywhere.

She’s already under investigation for her role in the Michigan fake electors plot. Other than the fake electors fraud, no evidence has emerged that she played any role in the insurrection. She’s too squish to be trusted with that.

1 Like

The Comstock Act should be repleaed at the federal level.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Yes, and that was due to the sole female on the FDA safety committee, otherwise it was headed to approval.

4 Likes

I believe this could have major impact on mail-order pharmacies and shipping prescription meds of any kind. That’s a significant industry nowadays that would fight any change to their revenue.

2 Likes

I am not following the specious argument of being “unwilling to hear different POV’s”. The issue is facts & truth. While there can be different opinions, there are not 2 different sets of facts & truths. These folks use the emotions of hate & fear as if those are factual truths and they aren’t.

It’s not different POV, at issue. It’s lies, hate mongering, & fears being presented as if they are facts.

Ronna was not just mouthing a POV as GOP mouthpiece. She was actively engaged in executing plans to remove legitimate electors. That is not just “promoting” crime (even as she did so) but rather it is committing criminal acts. For which she has been indicted! …smh…At the whole twisted “bothsiderism” promulgated with flat out lies. It’s not analysis it’s lies.

Yes, Frances Kelsey was a heroine.

4 Likes

Planet Earth, flat or oblate spheroid, let’s discuss various perspectives. :wink:

I’ve got it!!!

Masked Singer!!!

1 Like

If you think overturning Roe v Wade was a “Big Win” for Republicans, just wait until we see a lengthy and very public debate about the merits of reinvigorating enforcement of the Comstock Act.

I would almost welcome it, if some of the personal consequences to people (and particularly women) were not so high.

But from a political point of view, this is a h-u-g-e loser for the Right. So, it’s only a matter of time until they embrace it . . .

anti-abortion group lawyer Erin Hawley (yes, that Hawley)

Represent, Missouri! We’re the dumbest.

In related news, somehow Josh Hawley somehow has one of the approval ratings of any politician in Missouri.

However, those same polls find that a Constitutional Amendment to reinstate protections for abortion in Missouri is winning by a 7-point margin. (Though 19 percent still undecided.)

Somehow all this does not compute.

Altogether, though, Missourians are so proud of Erin Hawley and her high-profile defense of removing all access to abortion. I’ve seen it mentioned all over local media - without, however, any mention of the fact that she got the shellacking from hell from the justices, even the conservative ones.

It’s hard to recall another argument before the Supreme Court so completely lacking in any merit whatsoever.

Go Missouri!

Well now I’m totally horrified. Thanks for the correction and education.

1 Like

You believe incorrectly. Read the statute and then explain how chemo meds or insulin or whatever qualify as “obscene.”

LOL!
Also, I am getting a refusal-to-post from just typing “LOL!” because it is not a complete sentence. :rage: (what does this emoji mean?)

1 Like

The TPM comment system runs on a software package (Discourse) that uses a “markup language” to allow formatting your responses. the language used is a variant of the popular HTML markup language.

I mention this because if you’re getting the “post is too short” message, you can add a simple bit of markup after your short answer and while it won’t be displayed, it will trick Discourse into allowing your comment.

One I like is the left angle bracket ‘<’ followed by ‘br’ followed by the right angle bracket ‘>’

Put this on a line by itself after your comment and see if it lets things go through…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available