Rick Perry Expected To Resign | Talking Points Memo

Another one bites the dust.

In the wake of Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) sending a letter to Energy Secretary Rick Perry about his U.S.-Ukrainian dealings, a resignation is reportedly in the cards for the Trump administration official who has largely flown under the radar prior to the scandal.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1253713
1 Like

Good Riddance to another Corrupt+Greedy Thugs-R-Us member!

7 Likes

Remember when this jackass could arguably be called the dumbest national figure in the republican party?

Oh, those were the days.

19 Likes

I’m laughing for three reasons.

29 Likes

HahahahaHH!

Took me a few seconds, but I definitely got it in less than a minute.

7 Likes

If Rick “Good Hair” Perry* leaves, how will we be able to tell?

*h/t to Molly Ivins

20 Likes

Perry should leave now. As in asap. If only to save what little reputation he hss.

3 Likes

I guess Rick feels the need to spend more time with his family. The decision might not have had anything to do with his role in the Ukrainian scandal but I bet he speeds up his departure because of it.

Rick Perry was always an odd duck for the job. Obama appointed a top level scientist to head the energy department. Trump appointed one of the three Republicans dumber than him for the job.

18 Likes

I always thought of Perry s one of those total sycophants who was willing to sell his soul for a piece of the power pie. When I heard he was leaving the regime last night, I thought something must be really, really damaging if Perry’s willing to jump ship.

20 Likes

When the lightbulb goes on for this dimwit, you know they’re on the slippery slope. Look out below!

11 Likes

Which means that the Ukraine scandal is the singular reason that Perry is leaving, he’s not going to make it until November, and we’re about to learn a lot more about his role in all of it.

27 Likes

All true. Shit’s already done splashed on the Rickster.

Rick%20Perry%20dancing

16 Likes

If it isn’t Ukraine, then Rick must have just found out he’s worked long enough to get a nice federal pension to add to his Texas statehouse and governor pensions. Hopefully the energy industry says thanks, no thanks to Perry grifting off of it.

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, an incredibly large amount of shit did hit an incredibly huge fan. It’s hard to imagine that anyone, even in the most distant recesses of the acting administration, didn’t pick up a significant splatter.

10 Likes

Politico had an article recently about oil industry dissatisfaction with the trump administration - Perry may also be trying to generate some distance between himself and trump in order to protect his future for gravy-train jobs in the oil industry.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/27/in-private-oil-industry-laments-few-wins-under-trump-006173

Essentially, oil industry executives expected rapid changes that would give them everything they wanted - but plenty of lawsuits have slowed these changes to a crawl. And in a few areas they aren’t happy with what trump is doing (gutting methane release regulations for one)

9 Likes

Oops

5 Likes

Okay. Perry, Carson and who else? It’s not that I can’t think of anyone else. I can’t narrow it down to less than about 30.

6 Likes

He’s going to be able to work up his routines in an 11x7 space, assuming he can put the cot against the wall.

3 Likes

Oops. Give me my percocet!

2 Likes

You’d be hard pressed to top Louie Gohmert.

4 Likes