Republicans Bank On Lesser-Known Election Denier As New Speaker Nominee – TPM – Talking Points Memo

For the fourth time since Kevin McCarthy was deposed in early October, Republicans have selected a new nominee to take his place.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1472587
1 Like

Putin’s people!

33 Likes

This latest J6 Traitor, election denier, and anti-choice zealot belongs nowhere close to the succession to the presidency. May he go down in flames like the nominees before him.

46 Likes

After experimenting with and rejecting cryptofascist, quasifascist, and protofascist speaker candidates, it now looks like Republicans are united behind an open fascist.

67 Likes

Any republican who still wants to be speaker at this point can be sorted into two categories: “terrible” and “somehow, even more terrible”

55 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, the ProFa wing of the AntiDem party.

36 Likes

AMikus Johnson seems like an eat shit choice for the general election moderate Republicans. Will be very interesting to see how they spin it if he wins.

22 Likes

So Crazy Old Lady screaming “shut up!” appears to be a complete POS. Par for the (very large, very white) course.

God forbid reporters point out demonstrable, objective facts.

36 Likes

Pound the table and all that

So the Freedom Caucus has captured the House. More performative BS on the road to fascism or ruin.

Brought to you by a political class that has to only gather 40% of the country to hold the senate. Yep.

31 Likes

Do these GOP politicians actually believe that Trump won in 2020 or is it simply that GOP media (Fox, Newsmax, OAN) has convinced the GOP base that Trump won and so these politicians feel they have no choice but to claim the same? If the latter, we’re forced to conclude that GOP media controls the Republican party, not Republican politicians.

16 Likes

SHEESH… Republicans think Democrats are as stupid as they are. Do you think that any Democrat who gets a vote won’t know that Johnson is an election denier?

They are all morons if they believe this

9 Likes

As someone else said yesterday, this is a purge of the few remaining moderate republicans. The facists believe that at the end of this process their members will have only two options: vote for someone who will overthrow the government or vote with the dems. There will be no third option.

20 Likes

Question On Johnson Efforts To Overturn The 2020 Election Gets The House GOP Treatment

How dare you interrupt our moment of delusional unity??

Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

22 Likes

Suggested edit… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

How deep is this pickle barrel?!?

One would think we’d be close to scraping the bottom but there doesn’t appear to be one.

10 Likes

Khrushchev:
“… we will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the United States. We bury you from within.”

15 Likes

Very few people sincerely belive that he won. However they do “sincerely believe” that he won.

And they won’t think otherwise until the leopards eat their stupid faces.

17 Likes

And I’m currently hoping this to be true, as I think we will finally get the half a dozen or more “sane” Republicans to cross over and neuter these dipshits.

Now, I do hope it’s a bit more than half a dozen, so we can avoid the “Sinema-Manchin” effect, but for now, I’d take enough crossovers to let the dipshits know that their time splashing around in their shit is over.

(Hey, we can dream, can’t we!?!)

12 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and guess that the fourth-string nominee will be less of a leader in his own right and more like the goat corpse used in place of a ball in the Afghan version of polo.

9 Likes