Republicans Are Forcing Democrats To Deal With Debt Limit Alone. But Will Dems Be Able To Do It?

Et tu, RVH? I’ve never heard one serious media critic come close to suggesting this is a factor at all. It’s multiple factors, none of them that, but a big one is that the long-established outlets have developed a sclerotic culture, nearly incapable and certainly afraid of change. And that is due to a number of reasons but this “corporate media” idea is flat wrong.

2 Likes

I think you meant elusive but that might be my own personal illusion.

1 Like

That will only work if the media get on board and hammer on the message that the limit has to be raised to pay the outstanding balance on the credit card bill. Otherwise the right wing message will be the Democrats want to raise the debt limit so they can tax and spend you into the poor house. Facts and reality have never informed or interfered with GOP messaging.

11 Likes

I don’t know. Even Manchin and Sinema will eventually get tired of being made fools of in public by Moscow Mitch. He’s doing everything except throwing cream pies in their faces at the Inauguration. There must be one hell of a payout waiting for them, because if the economy goes down due to their game-playing, the world will be on their backs (even more than it already is.)

ETA MoscowMitch really doesn’t want to tank the economy. He and his true constituents, the Haves and Have-Mores (ht GW Bush) would take a bath, financially. He’s trying to get the Dems to use up their Reconciliation allocation on keeping the economy going rather than passing Biden’s agenda. So far, Sinema and Manchin appear to be good with that agenda.

22 Likes

Always more advantageous to breathlessly deliver commentary on a razor close back & forth contest … keeps the maximum amount of audience tuned in & on the edge of their seats.

… they’ll do it no matter the realities … no matter the consequences …because a one sided contest can’t retain viewers …

7 Likes

In a rational world the “Gleeful” irresponsible members of the Senate would be fired. Any corporation would deep six them.

6 Likes

OT
Turnover.

27 Likes

I am sorry I can “like” this only once.

4 Likes

I’m reposting your thoughts because that sounds like what we have to do. Republicans are NOT going to leave us with ANY other choice but to go EVERYTHING alone. It’s up to Democrats to save the Republic.

7 Likes

Any vaccination-based resignation can only be a long-term gain for the organization. Hire the rational, I say.

30 Likes

Is it alligators or crocs that are a protected species? But wild boars aren’t, in fact they are a nuisance.

2 Likes

FINALLY!! Let’s use this Golden opportunity to get some good people on the police force.

23 Likes

Crocs are rare, and might be endangered. But I think I’ve heard you can’t go around killing gators either just because you feel like it.

ETA they’re federally protected under the Endangered Species Act, but many states do issue hunting licenses for them. Unauthorized killing of them is punished pretty severely, though.

6 Likes

Probably the only good decision that person ever made.

5 Likes

Sinema and Manchin think they are heroes, they’re not. And one of the reasons why is that they are not out there advocating for their positions, so we get to write their narrative. And it doesn’t end well. (I peaked at the final chapter)

7 Likes

Alligator Creed: Never pass up a good meal.

I’m wondering if that Laundrie dude that murdered that girl in the Grand Tetons met the same fate?

3 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

The American crocodile is protected. Gators used to be protected in much of their range, but once people stopped over hunting them (there used to be no-limit hunting on gators if I recall correctly) they recovered pretty well. They’ve recovered to the point that hunting is permitted now.

5 Likes

Ooh, what about snapping turtles? Republican’s death by snapping turtle has a poetic justice angle.

13 Likes

Even better, Alligator Snapping Turtle, (Macrochelys temminckii)

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available