Reports: Durham Said To Be Seeking Indictment Of Lawyer At Firm With Ties To DNC

John Durham, the special prosecutor tasked by ex-Attorney General Bill Barr to investigate the origins of the FBI’s Russia investigation, has told the Department of Justice that he will seek an indictment for an attorney whose firm has represented the Democratic National Committee, according to the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387601
1 Like

This sounds utterly meritless and trivial. Baker remembers it one immaterial way, Sussmann remembers it another immaterial way, and the difference is a he said/he said swearing match on a wholly immaterial issue.

106 Likes

So, after all this time, that’s the best he could do. Sounds like a failure to find wrongdoing that negates the Russia story to me

56 Likes

Obviously this means Trump must be reinstated to the Presidency.

46 Likes

And meanwhile, err, any progress on investigating links between Trump and the Russian bank? Yet again, the targeting of whistleblowers runs rings around targeting of actual wrongdoing.

41 Likes

I would have a hard time taking seriously someone who looks like Colonel Sanders

17 Likes

I believe the statute of limitations is in play. So by announcing that he wants to indict this lawyer does that stop the clock? Because what I’ve read and heard is that he hasn’t presented anything to a grand jury, yet.

15 Likes

I am not sure this isn’t too trivial to even be considered anti-climactic. Of course on RW media it will play like the Kennedy assassination and every dweeb that watches FOX will know this lawyer’s name better than the people in his firm know it.

21 Likes

…and just because he asks for an indictment doesn’t necessarily mean he will get one.

16 Likes

Limitations is up this weekend, and that clock ain’t stopping for anything Durham does.

40 Likes

There should be a special prosecutor appointed to investigate whether Durham is working on behalf of Barr, Trump or The GOP … as it is doubtful that the is working on behalf of the U. S. Government.

41 Likes

Special prosecutor to investigate the other special prosecutor?

11 Likes

35 Likes

After all this time and money, this is all Durham has?

29 Likes

It’s absurd that Durham is allowed to prance about with that walrus mug and we haven’t appointed a special prosecutor to re-do the entire Mueller investigation and indict folks, including Trump, for conspiring with the Russians to violate federal election laws. That’s a flawed system.

65 Likes

Explains the diluted weak sauce indictment.

18 Likes

So I’ve never sat on a jury, and the only time I was ever called, I checked by phone the day before per instructions and told I wasn’t needed.
So does the federal system have people sitting around in some bull pen Monday through Friday just waiting to be called?

2 Likes

dead ringer

6 Likes

He can strain arial plankton and suspended particulates for a delicious between meals snack.

32 Likes

I love this news item. The indictment is shit and won’t go anywhere. But it sure brings that Alfa Bank / strange server at trump tower story back up into the news cycle, which is kind of the starting point in TFG’s money laundering business for the Russians prior to running for office.

Please proceed.

53 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available