Report: WH Held COVID-19 Meetings In Classified Setting, Excluding Gov’t Experts | Talking Points Memo

I just gave them $50.

12 Likes

But not necessarily in that order.

9 Likes

I for one fully support Trump going full-on Putin (to be said and understood in a Tropic Thunder Downey voice).

(or maybe it’s Xi Jinping)

2 Likes

We can’t let the Republican leadership off the hook. This wasn’t just Trump alone. The rest of the GOP has gone along. Moscow Mitch, leader of the party of death.

35 Likes

I wonder if there were any notes taken at the time of the meetings.

4 Likes

You overlooked a major point:

FIFY

10 Likes

That’s a given on all things trump.

3 Likes

Fake news! Trump is the expert!

1 Like

Soon he will be heading into George W. Bush’s territory

1 Like

Trump and his WH:
“Nonchalant is the ability to look an owl when you have made an ass out yourself.”

4 Likes

He is getting help from Fox so don’t let them off the hook.

6 Likes

At some point one of them will figure out how to add pictures to the slide show and nobody will get the irony.

6 Likes

It is a clear moral imperative that anyone taking part in those classified meetings find a way to leak that information to the press. Anything less makes them as morally culpable as Trump.

13 Likes

Oh, well, I’m sure that’ll help lots.

1 Like

DOD did not get the message.

28 Likes

And the WH seems to have found another way to limit info to the public, and Congress. From Daily Kos:

On Wednesday morning, medical experts, including National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Dr. Anthony Fauci and the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, were testifying before the House Oversight Committee on what to expect from the coronavirus epidemic in the United States. According to Fauci, “The bottom line: It is going to get worse.” Again and again, the information provided in the hearing completely contradicted the rosy statements that have been coming from Donald Trump and other White House officials and warned of a dire situation ahead.

But before the House could learn too many details, the hearing ended in an abrupt and astounding manner, as the witnesses simply got up and left. At 11:30 ET, Oversight Committee Chair Rep. Carolyn Maloney was told that the witnesses had to depart. In an attempt to explain what was happening, Fauci said they were going to an “emergency meeting” at the White House. Then, to add extra confusion, the White House immediately claimed that the meeting was not an emergency … it was just something that Fauci and Redfield didn’t know about and that was so urgent that they had to leave in the middle of congressional testimony.

48 Likes

People are amazed that this stuff is so easy for him.

5 Likes

well, at least the cockroaches will survive - and by that, of course, I mean tRump and his morally bankrupt dynasty of miscreants

2 Likes

“Trump the Executioner”

2 Likes

“As a result, staffers and government experts without security clearances could not attend and often weren’t informed of developments.”

I guess that means that two of the seats at the table were wasted on Jared and Ivanka.

7 Likes