Report: Santos Tells House GOP He Will Recuse Himself From House Committee Seats

Frankly

Wait… so everything you said up until the “Frankly” was BS? Ok, agreed.

Ok, Mr. “recuse means resign”, give us a timeline of when santos actually resigns from something, either a committee seat or his House seat.

1 Like

Why are you talking about discharge petitions when there’s nothing to bring to the floor (discharge)? Hell, the committees are mostly not even staffed yet.

And also, lots of people didn’t get the assignments they wanted because Qevin sold them to the clown caucus to get his speakership.

Someone with a decent brain could help their donors quite a lot with a seat on the small business committee

Because it is a reasonable suspicion that McCarthy is not going to want to let any motion to expel Santos any where near the floor.

SBC is one step up from House Ethics Committee in the desireability list. Can’t see a critter wanting to give up a better seat for one on SBC.

1 Like

I was unclear. Santos’ committee assignments were on the least desirable committees. But Qevin traded the nicest seats to win Magats votes for speaker. Giving the good seats to Magats means not giving them to those who expected them based on seniority. Which no doubt kicked off a whole game of musical appointments trying to smooth things over by yanking yet other seats. Santos’ seats are not great but they are better than nothing and Qevin desperately needs to replenish his supply of favors.

I don’t see how having a vacant seat on SBC and Science, Space&Tech helps him there.

1 Like

Yeah? Well if you pay me double I promise to stay home.

1 Like

Hmm…no…that’s not what frankly means and it’s not in any way what was indicated by the substance that followed its use.

I never said they mean the same thing. I quite clearly was saying they were functionally equivalent in this particular case. He’s likely never sitting in a committee. He’s probably leaving congress. McCarthy and the rest of the GQP have him on a tight leash and any disobedience will be met with them turning on him. McCarthy can, at any time he feels like it and no doubt with the full support of almost all other GQPers (maybe a couple holdouts just to see if they can make demands and get something out of it) just fully remove him from committees by organizing a vote. They have him by the balls, completely, but for sake of appearances and politics are playing pretend that he’s being a good boy.

The POINT in mentioning that the GQP is playing semantic games was to highlight that their use of ‘recuse’ here was splitting hairs for messaging purposes, and they know it and we know it and they know we know it. You’re playing into their game.

Chances are that the dude’s days are numbered, and he’s gotten too toxic for them to allow him to fully participate in the meantime. Allowing him to save a little face helps them save a little face.

1 Like

Nor are their “parties” like Crippled Cawthorn thinks, but here we are.

Cocaine orgies are epic though

2 Likes

Heathen!!

1 Like

Noooooo. :frowning:

1 Like

Except in terms of visibility and drawing the spotlight. That’s what I meant when I said that Kevin can still get things through those committees. As for what he’ll get through them… who knows? But whatever agenda item he wants to put there won’t be burdened by ‘What is Santos saying, and why does that automatically make this idea bad?’

1 Like

Yeah…for me, another bit of my early childhood gone. Mom used to love that show.

1 Like

I know. So ashamed.

2 Likes

It says parody right in the fine print on the bottom but I agree, pretty hilarious.

2 Likes

Santos will notmbe there long enough to qualify for a pension. His only hope is to sell his votes to various rightwing lobbies for the time he is there… before he goes to trial for fraud and election law violations.

1 Like

Santos might have…if he had the slightest “wokeness”…figured out that the kind of fraudulent “service” that little Maddie exibited gets a one and done asterisk behind your name, and no pension to take with you when you get kicked out.
Bad as Maddie was, what we have now is a much smarter, more hardworking asshole who will get things done. None of them good for the people in his district.

Cause he’s a vote. Get him out and he is likely replaced by a Democrat. It could make the difference in passing legislation. Who knows, flip someone and a couple more get arrested or die and the Dems could squeeze out a majority before 2024. Not likely but possible.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available