Report: Observers Of GOP’s Sketchy Arizona Election Audit Required To Sign NDAs | Talking Points Memo

Same here in Vermont. So it seems that the only possible difference in the results has to be a reduction in the count. Seems like it would be easy to go back in afterward and see if the disqualified votes are due to stray marks, smudges or the like. I imagine the automated equipment would be able to kick out the unreadable ballots. It just seems like a lot of work to cheat when it should be pretty easy to go back and expose the cheating.

4 Likes

More stupidity and corruption!

I see that TPM is back to being the Trump Pandering Memo. Not one story on the current Administration that I can find.

1 Like

Turn on Fox News, where will hear and see plenty of lies being told!

Turn on Fox News, where will hear and see plenty of lies being told

No. A purported agreement to conceal crimes would be void as against public policy.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree but then I have thought all along that this whole thing was mostly “busy work” for MAGAts and QAnoners - to give them the idea there is still something to rally around.

7 Likes

This may be an obvious question, but what good is an observer if he/she isn’t allowed to speak about what they observed?

8 Likes

What good is any of this? I know what they think but they are dead wrong so what difference does this make? It’s not going to put the motherfucker back in the White House.

6 Likes

The “we wuz robbed” narrative is motivational for 2022, and they need a figleaf to justify passing legislation that lets the legislature step in to “adjust” outcomes when improprieties are claimed. All perfectly legal. Might as well bring back picking senators from smoke-filled rooms.

6 Likes

Yeah you say that but I don’t see it because the states passing these things aren’t recounting anything. It’s just in Arizona and the GOP doesn’t need shit to do what they want in the states. They just do it.

5 Likes

Perhaps AZ is the only relevant state that permits the unsupervised private party review of ballots. I mean, it is loony on the face of it that you would just hand over the primary record of the election to a bunch of partisans, yet that is what is happening. So I will assume that only AZ is this stupid and/or corrupt.

8 Likes

Totally nsw, inappropriate, non-value adding comment to follow …

Stupid fucking chinless, small gene pool, full of shit evangelical racist, homophobic, pro-Putin, antivaxx, anti-American, anti-science, Trump worshipping, misogynistic, fucking assholes …

3 Likes

Well as far as I can see, by being opaque and secretive, they cannot provide an assurance of not corrupting the ballots. Seems there must be a law or two out there covering that.

3 Likes

Excellent burn!
I even lit a joint off it!

3 Likes

Catch 45

1 Like

So far that is a safe assumption. Now if they actually found anything it could cause other states to open up their voting records/ballots for an audit but that’s expensive as fuck and I have a hard time imagining that many states (and it’s not the whole state anyway it’s one county) are going to go along with it.

If someone came in and wanted to audit Dallas County’s ballots, they’d have a fight with our election judges (who are Democrats.)

4 Likes

The problem is… which Arizona authorities are going to do this? The secretary of state is a Democrat but both houses of the Legislature and governor are Republican and some (as most TPMers know) are just batsh*t crazy. Ducey did certify the results but he either can’t or won’t shut this business down.

3 Likes

The ballots have been handed to a bunch of partisans carrying blue & black pens. Seems like the damage is already done. :unamused:

3 Likes

How is is that a public process with ties to public money (the original election results) subject to restricting public disclosure.

Not a lawyer - can someone explain why NDA’s that are imposed on public employees by public employees (IE White House staff by White House) have not been challenged in court?

or has it?

1 Like