Report: Observers Of GOP’s Sketchy Arizona Election Audit Required To Sign NDAs | Talking Points Memo

Means they’re being threatened with lawsuits if they reveal that they saw someone using a blue pen to fill in bubbles for Trump on ballots.

13 Likes

Time to challenge the legality of this crap and force it to either be open to all to follow and see or shut down.

9 Likes

You need to insert “it was Cyber Ninja’s proprietary methods that were used to obtain the true and accurate vote totals”, and then mention the riots.

4 Likes

As I understand it (I’m not in Arizona), a judge hasn’t stopped it because there is nothing illegal going on. The R-dominated state legislature has allowed access to the ballots, and the results of this “audit” aren’t binding on anything. It’s just a public relations stunt with no binding effect.

I’m a little surprised the ACLU hasn’t filed a complaint based on ballot privacy, but maybe the legislature’s ruling makes that a non-starter.

12 Likes

The greatest cloud needs but a handful of dust to exist.

Expect rain.

2 Likes

An NDA is only good as a threat. It gives someone the ability to sue but the likelihood of prevailing is remote.
If you’re ever asked to sign one you are talking to an asshole and you need to refuse.

19 Likes

And heaven knows you can trust any company called “Cyber Ninjas.” I guess “Intertoob Action Robots” wasn’t available.

12 Likes

I agree that unless I am authorized in writing by Cyber Ninjas, Inc.

I agree that, should Cyber Ninjas engage in any unchristian or illegal activity, including lying about the facts or distorting the truth, Cyber Ninjas will pay me $250 million in compensation for my damaged brand and reputation.

6 Likes

Pseudo-legal political flatulence.

Since a government agency is involved in the “audit” NDAs are unenforceable.

18 Likes

I don’t understand how this “audit” is even a thing.

9 Likes

And these people are volunteers, right? So they’re not even receiving compensation?

2 Likes

Nothing sketchy about that! LOL. Transparency is only to used against Dems.

6 Likes

OK, but possibly OT.

How long does a ballot live? Is there some termination point? Could my ballot be used for historical or official purposes beyond this at a later point? If that ballot is manipulated or is mishandled, does that corrupt that ballot for later use or reference? How important is it to know that the ballot when handled was done so correctly and will remain a viable point of reference in terms of my choices?

Just thinking.

5 Likes

This farce really has an incredibly bad stink to it. Rigged. Criminal. Pathetic.

Gee, you think they’ll find fraud? (That is a rhetorical question.)

4 Likes

If it looks like a duck…

But if it walks like one, quacks like one and has “duck” on its birth certificate it is for damn sure a duck. This audit is showing all the indicators of being a conspiracy to commit fraud. The NDA’s are just protection from getting caught that no on the up and up audit would need. Limiting the media and cutting public access are more of the same.

At some point the AZ authorities run them off and shut this down. It’s no longer a debate. This is attempt to ALTER not audit the ballots in AZ.

4 Likes

Transparency is your enemy if you don’t want to be seen.

2 Likes

Bunch of liars starting with those in the Arizona legislature who voted for this farce.

3 Likes
1 Like

I don’t either and haven’t from the start.

2 Likes