Report: Justices Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In Draft Opinion

But her emails…

You sure showed us, huh Team Unicorn?

25 Likes

Well, the court just shit all over the right to privacy. That certainly includes abortion, but also contraception, marriage equality, gay rights, etc. The Court was right to put up those barriers, but they won’t be able to take them down for decades.

Justice Alito has also made himself a marked man. If I were him I’d hire a food-taster and a buy a flak jacket, and learn how to sleep wth one eye open.

10 Likes

And double Fuck Moscow Mitch, Chuck Assley and the other Senators that stole a Supreme Court seat.

38 Likes

These same voters didn’t figure it out in 2016. Then, the left barely held 50 seats in the Senate in 2020. All this “now the tide will turn” talks seems awfully optimistic to me. After all, with Kindergartners getting taught advanced CRT, sex ed, and “groomed” and/or scheduled for “confirmation” surgery, abortion will seem like such a small problem.

11 Likes

What to Libertarians think of all this freedom losing bidness? Heng?

4 Likes

They think whatever gets them tax cuts, destruction of social programs and the obliteration of the administrative state has no price they wouldn’t pay.

12 Likes

And let’s not kid ourselves. Loving, Griswold, and Obgerfell are next in the line of fire.

ETA: let’s include Lawrence on the hit list.

21 Likes

Of course not. He will be a hero among Christians and he will get more the junkets and speaking engagements that he can schedule.

4 Likes

“But I don’t like establishment politics”

“Trump will shake things up, I like him, he entertains me”

“They’re both equally terrible”

“But I don’t LIKE her”

“Dems are now McCarthyists, WHAT even is this Putin crap”

“She’s so annoying and overprepared”

“BUT HER EMAILS”

Funny how this works, isn’t it, Joe and Jane White, this game leading to a Civil War we’ll all lose? Ever think the problem is between the desk and your straining little Wal-Mart chair?

21 Likes
28 Likes

Heh, they never realize that after they get what they think they want, they’re next on the chopping block. The long view has never been their strong point.

11 Likes

You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone.

48 Likes

Libertarians are mostly “pro-life” all they care is pot, guns and no taxes or environmental regulations

12 Likes

For a long time, we’ve heard that, if the Supreme Court ever dared to overturn Roe, it would prompt a major anti-Republican political backlash among suburban women and young women … We will now see - hope I’m wrong, but I’m doubtful … And regrettably, the reversal of Roe will be part of RBG’s legacy.

11 Likes

Thats masks off hoods on type shit. Anyone who thinks their next steps won’t be shoring up permanent minority rule for the gqp is not paying attention. They’re not making a decision like this and then just losing it to some nonsense like democracy.

24 Likes

Exactly.

7 Likes

Prolly cuz Libertarians are mostly young white males. Wait till they come for the condoms! Oh noes!!!

11 Likes

Fucking Tribe. Sending out tweets announcing what these fascists fully intend the decision to do as if he’s warning everyone about some sort of accidental collatetal damage just shows how outnof tough even he is.

1 Like

All of them, Katie.

8 Likes

That might have been true 20 years ago, but conservative White Christians are dying off, and the ones remaining are hardcore R’s who we will never win over. No point trying to get their vote. I think Dem leadership finally gets that.

The problem we have is the growing Latino demographic that leans progressive in other areas but is also heavily Catholic. That’s a different problem, and one we need to figure out. It’s mostly the older generation that are anti-abortion. We need to get to the voting-age kids who are more progressive and assimilated, and get them out to the voting booths and mail-in ballots.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available