Report: Fulton County Prosecutors Mull ‘False Statement’ Charges Against Giuliani | Talking Points Memo

Fulton County prosecutors are considering whether they can pin “false statement” charges against former President Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani and other Trump allies for their efforts to interfere and spread lies about Georgia’s 2020 presidential election results, the Daily Beast reported early Wednesday. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1366364
1 Like

Fulton County prosecutors are considering whether they can pin “false statement” charges [on Giuliani]

Might be easier to identify his true statements.

28 Likes

Seeing the “Multiple Pathways to Victory” and knowing that it failed puts a pep in my step.

14 Likes

Anything to make Ghoulie’s life more miserable than it already is.

Please proceed…

12 Likes

Certainly no one should have reasonably believed Rudy’s statements, so how can they be false? Could a kid sue you for relaying the story of Jack & the Beanstalk to him? NO!! The kid is smart enough to know it’s a fairytale. Are you telling me the adults Rudy was talking to are less able to arrive at proper judgments than small children? FREE SPEECH! SHEESH!

11 Likes

" By highlighting the false statements, prosecutors could argue that Trump and his lieutenants conspired in a “criminal enterprise” to undermine a legitimate election, legal experts told the Daily Beast."

Laying the groundwork for a possible RICO indictment ? please please let it be so !
19 Likes

Breaking news, press conference today by Giuliani at Four Seasons Atlanta Lawn Care LLC! https://m.facebook.com/AtlantaLawnCareServices/photos/a.716900838407476/716900828407477/?type=3&source=44

8 Likes

Shorter, certainly.

14 Likes

Wait what !?!

There were true statements?

15 Likes

Needle, haystack, etc.

11 Likes

Haystack, anyway.

10 Likes

Those would be ?

7 Likes

Hmm … fair cop, guv.

5 Likes

Anyone else feel like Jason Miller’s job could be handled by a ‘Magic 8-ball’ with a few canned responses?

• Claim witch hunt
  • Use Both Sides-ism
  • Outright Lie
14 Likes

We do need to account for the truths that he accidentally admits on live TV (when he should not).

10 Likes

Hearkening back to Powell now employing the “no reasonable person” defense: oddly enough, Powell continues to believe them.

She had promised a “Kraken,” a fraud so vast and many-tentacled that it would resemble the mythical sea monster, but delivered not so much as a goldfish — and now she’s in court saying, in essence, we should have known all along that Krakens aren’t real. In passing, she says she still believes her own story, but that’s in the context of a 90-page filing that insists no one else ever should have done so.

9 Likes

If the judicial system doesn’t take strong action against the big lie, we will be here again in 2022, and very likely in every swing state/district election where the Republican candidate loses. No one should want that.

6 Likes

I expect it has as many elements as there are even prime numbers.

3 Likes

Hey, you stole my line! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m done with it now, you can have it back! :grinning:

5 Likes