Report: CNN Dismisses Santorum After Botched Cleanup Of Remarks About Native Americans | Talking Points Memo

CNN has reportedly ended its contract with commentator and former Sen. Rick Santorum weeks after he suggested that the nation’s colonizers had “birthed a nation from nothing,” upon arriving on American soil and seizing it from its Native inhabitants.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375010

A wonderful, if inexplicably belated action by CNN.

The bigger unanswered question is why CNN ever hired Frothy in the very first place?

54 Likes

No need to say more: business is business, nothing personal. /s

16 Likes

He must be frothing mad about this.

36 Likes

The stain came right out, no vigorous rubbing required.

16 Likes

Someone had used the last Kleenex and not replaced the box? Hate it when that happens.

9 Likes

I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did. Who wants to hear from Santorum?

11 Likes

I hope we’ve reached a point where this stuff will no longer be tolerated, where networks would rather be accused of engaging in “cancel culture,” or whatever nonsensical thing than to continue putting up with these assholes. CNN might as well lean into it. They probably won’t lose a single viewer, but keeping assholes like Frothy around has probably cost them plenty.

50 Likes

Heck, I don’t even want to hear of Santorum.

19 Likes

This always confuses me. I thought they hired him to make ignorant ass comments, and he was doing a damned fine job of it.

38 Likes

Santorum flushed!

7 Likes

So they hired Santorum, and you’re the one who’s confused? I don’t think so.

11 Likes

The advantage of having a reality steeped in lies is that you can gin-up mania real fast because the sky is the limit on lies (example: Mercury is farther away from the sun than Mars)…

Much better than the plodders over in Democratic Party Land who rely on information and facts.

All that to say…that FuckHead will land a gig fairly soon.

13 Likes

Breaking: Click bait cable snews network find their balls

12 Likes

Pennsylvania dismissed Rick over a decade ago, about time CNN caught on. He’s already got enough wingnut welfare, why give him any legitimacy?

10 Likes

You can fire the human stain from the chair, but those cushion stains ain’t coming out.

9 Likes

Isn’t the answer obvious?

2 Likes

Yeah, but somebody had to ask, right?

6 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone would hire him, vote for him, or let him in the front door when he came home for dinner.

16 Likes

“None of the anchors wanted to book him,” the executive reportedly said.

“I’d like to book him.”

16 Likes