Report: Boebert’s Comms Director Is Resigning After Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

While I couldn’t find a specific source for the quote, there’s an old chestnut among politicos that goes something like this, “if these elected officials scare you, you should see the folks who voted for them!”

Coming from Jokelahoma, as I do, I can certainly attest to the sentiment.

3 Likes

Among my first thoughts, too.

1 Like

I read her biography.

1 Like

I keep thinking of Lorena Bobbit.

Much lesser, and due to residue on extremities, rather than inhalation (the bigger concern with indoors - à la COVID-19.)

1 Like

Um, my current Rep. is a guy who has a “degree” from the Don Shear Real Estate school and has the IQ of a rock. Fred Keller, mindless follower of the Sedition Caucus. But he has an R after his name so he gets the votes.

1 Like

What did he think he was signing up for?

Say what you want about Boebert, there is no mystery about where she stands.

And this guy is a long time DC political pro, so naiveté doesn’t fly either.

2 Likes

He could have given the tour – because he knows much more about the Capitol than his former boss does – but that doesn’t make him complicit in any ulterior motives a member of his tour may have had.

It really looks bad, however.

Apparently, Trump staffers are taking money from people lobbying for pardons. Watching on Weekends with Alex Witt and the expert she’s speaking with says that while it’s illegal for Trump himself to take money for that, those around him can take whatever they can grift.

2 Likes

The voters that elected Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Greene chose drama queens for their districts. The actual work of being a congressional rep is boring and would interfere with their performances

1 Like

Yup. Some Dylan comes to mind.

You just want to be on / the side that’s winning…

1 Like

So how good are these ‘types’ at washing their hands?

1 Like

So you agree she had her staff lead the insurrrectionists around the Capitol the day before or is that still a mystery? Also bit of a question is which direction she would have shot had she been on the floor.

1 Like
2 Likes

Unless he knew what their motives were and/or they were blabbing about them on the tour and he said nothing.

We are well.ahead of our data but it would be irresponsible not to speculate: Somebody sure as hell scouted it for them and we need to know who.

2 Likes

its pretty hard for me to believe that he didn’t have any idea what was going on. He was working for Boebert, after all. And lets not forget that tours were not allowed in the capitol – any kind of tours that were given were done in defiance of Capitol policy at that point.

2 Likes

General public tours have been stopped, you can’t just go there on your own during covid, but congresscritters can and do give tours to constituents. Particularly at the start of a new Congressional session, not unexpected that that would happen.

2 Likes

Best part about it is that the people can’t exactly complain if Trump doesn’t deliver… It’s like calling 911 to complain that your cocaine got stolen.

4 Likes

“And on your left is the Speaker’s panic room.”

2 Likes

“here, take a souvenir panic button.”

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available