Rep. Nadler Says Trump Has Broken The Law ‘Six Ways From Sunday’

Your a West Sloper now aintcha?

1 Like

Blame the Electoral College, empowering racist, reactionary, anti-majority forces since 1877.

Well, should be a campaign issue for the Democrat to use. There is a natural backlash (especially in the south) to out-of-state money. (Full disclosure: I’ve donated across State lines and will likely do it again.)

Every individual may not have read the report… but the media has sifted every word - repeatedly.

But the DNC staff have gone over every bit with a fine tooth comb. That we do not know what is in it is obviously a total lie. Well crafted spin - but untrue nonetheless.

If there was enough evidence for 'high crimes and misdemeanors" in there, the House would have already impeached. God knows they have spent more than enough time on hearings, testimony, floor speeches and grandstanding on official congressional time that they would have done it by now if they could have. We know that. They know that. Anyone who wants to know, knows that. If they could, they would - LONG ago.

What they are really doing isn’t fooling anyone that doesn’t want to be fooled.

Truth is, this is all just campaigning. They would much rather use the Congress and their time in office for campaigning than their own time and campaign funds.

This is how they choose to use their time the week before they go on a 6 week recess - without a single one of the 12 required spending plans in place.

This is why there are shut-downs. Because Congress will not do their job - they are too busy using their time for campaign rhetoric.

The Senate is not blameless. We have two chambers - BOTH are responsible when their job is not done.

But hey, this is what we get when we reelect the same politicians from the same two parties over and over and over and over…

After 160+ years of the DNC and the RNC in power, taking turns at complete control, with individual politicians in office 10, 20, 30 and even 40 years, it is clear who is to blame for any and every problem - and it certainly is not “the new guy” every 4 years.

I doubt more than five percent have read the report. Further, the glacial inertia of the government is no excuse to leave a man like Trump in place. Just sayin’. Welcome back.

1 Like

And on top of that, you would never have known but for the Russians peeking into the cookie jar.

1 Like

If you go to
http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com
…and send a message to Howie, he has great data on who took how much from whom.

Thanks.

But none of it is going to lead to removing him from office. Indeed, if they did impeach it would help him just like it did Bill C. That’s why he keeps trolling them to do it. He would LOVE to have the House vote for impeachment - goes to the Senate, acquittal, he crows “NOT GUILTY - AGAIN - They are losers.” all over Twitter.

But they won’t. If they were, they would have. They haven’t. They won’t. Talking about it is just campaign rhetoric.

They are just spending OUR time for THEIR campaigns.

Our fault though. We not only let them. We cheer them on and then reward them with reelection… For NOT doing their job.

In the last few decades, Congress has had a complete budget in place before the start of the fiscal yearonly a very few times. Accepting that ‘the new guy’ is to blame all that time is naive. (New president - same Congress - same two parties - can’t be the President’s fault.)

But as we all know, the people in charge, the people with the power to do this, don’t really care to try it because, well, you know…

@quark_hadron, this is why I don’t want an impeachment vote - just the hearings. Let’s get this stuff all out in the open and let the voting public decide.

I also don’t vote for incumbents when given a chance. And I’ve said my piece about my current representation in Congress here several times - his claim to fame is reasonable success on the game show ‘Survivor’ and he married one of the other contestants. That’s his claim to fame. He doesn’t even have to campaign because his district is so heavily gerrymandered. The guy is in his fourth term and he has nothing to show for it. I follow his activity on the app ‘Countable’: he failed to even show up for a string of votes earlier this month.

The failure of the opposition party in my district is that this has gone on to his re-election for doing nothing for three terms in the House. I had to do the research myself. This should be front and center for anyone running against him, but our party is seriously weak and stupid - the stories I could tell you with my limited exposure…

1 Like

Gosh, I guess there’s no way out.

Barr has protected the president from campaign finance violations, criminal conspiracy, and obstruction. It’s not much of a leap to believe that Barr would be willing to shield Trump from anything related to Epstein and his abuse of young girls. Need these hearings and more.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available