Recording Purportedly Captures Richard Spencer Melting Down After Charlottesville | Talking Points Memo

A recording purportedly of the white nationalist leader Richard Spencer having an angry meltdown was released over the weekend.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1259881

He sounds nice. Wonder why he can’t get a date.

23 Likes

Very fine people on both sides.

ETA: Audio should come with disclaimer that every other word Spencer uses is offensive and disgusting. The rest of his words are just variants of the word “fucking”.

18 Likes

Spencer sounds like a true human scum, not the Trumpian version which tells the truth and stands for our democracy and country!

5 Likes

and to think, this would all go away if those penis enlargement pills actually worked.

7 Likes

Something from over a year ago and not confirmed. Why is it here?

3 Likes

“That’s how the world f*cking works. Little f*cking kikes. They get ruled by people like me. Little f*cking octaroons. My ancestors f*cking enslaved those little pieces of f*cking sh*t. I rule the f*cking world. Those pieces of sh*t get ruled by people like me. They look up and see a face like mine looking down at them. That’s how the f*cking world works.”

I had no idea the GOP platform had been released on audio book.

46 Likes

I really urge folks to read Antisocial by Andrew Marantz. He spends endless hours with “people” like Spencer, Mike Cernovich, Milo, and others on the alt-right/alt-light spectrum, documenting their ideology and their infighting (like the release of this tape). They’re all beyond rationality, but they are masters of social media and meme creation, and punch way above their weight.

8 Likes

“They get ruled by people like me. Little fucking octaroons.”

Weird, I thought octaroons were a Girl Scout cookie.

16 Likes

I just saw that Stephen Miller is engaged.

9 Likes

Never a good day to be Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-york-writer-who-accused-trump-of-sexual-assault-sues-him-for-defamation/2019/11/04/8ab2afb0-fcf7-11e9-9534-e0dbcc9f5683_story.html?wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

7 Likes

I’m always impressed by their maturity and thoughtful insight.

@chelsea530

To what?

13 Likes

I know that should be a better person, but I never tire of this Tim Heidecker ditty.

Well, I went up the mountain
And the good Lord came down to me
I told him what had happened
On the twentieth of January
He said, "You can’t wish anyone dead
Even if their baseball hat is red
But if you see Richard Spencer
Why don’t you punch him in the head
If you see Richard Spencer
Won’t you give him a big black eye
Come at him swinging
Ain’t no one gonna cry, ain’t no one gonna cry"

"If you see Richard Spencer
Won’t you tell him we all say hi
Cold cock him cleanly
Ain’t no one gonna cry, ain’t no one gonna cry"

4 Likes

“It puts the lotion in the basket, or it gets the hose!”

10 Likes

“That’s how the world fucking works. Little fucking kikes,” Spencer is heard saying on the recording released Sunday. “They get ruled by people like me. Little fucking octaroons. My ancestors fucking enslaved those little pieces of fucking shit. I rule the fucking world. Those pieces of shit get ruled by people like me. They look up and see a face like mine looking down at them. That’s how the fucking world works. We are going to destroy this fucking town.”

Looks like someone’s lining up a cushy White House communications job!

23 Likes

Antisocial personality disorder characteristics–[Mayo Clinic]

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations
  • Aggression toward people and animals
  • Destruction of property
  • Deceitfulness
  • Theft
  • Serious violation of rules

Sounds vaguely familiar…

8 Likes

These people bear watching. Showing a clip of their march and chants in Charlottesville, followed by Trump’s comments about these being good people would make a good ad for the Dem presidential nominee. But a clip of Trump making fun of a handicapped person would be be even more powerful, because anybody who would do that would never be hired for any sort of job, much less the presidency.

6 Likes

A guy who uses the word 'octoroon ’ in casual conversation and who desperately needs to get laid (by a woman this time) still wonders why a white guy punches him in the face.

1 Like

We are going to destroy this fucking town.

I much prefer Brian Setzer’s philosophy on towns…

4 Likes

Someone with poor taste in men.

White House adviser Stephen Miller got engaged over the weekend to Katie Waldman, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence, Bloombergreports.

Edit. Saw at Political Wire.

5 Likes