READ: Trump Camp Recycles Debunked Claims In Hail Mary Bid To Block Biden Win In PA | Talking Points Memo

The Trump campaign sued on Monday to invalidate President-elect Joe Biden’s win in Pennsylvania, rehashing debunked claims casting aspersions on the integrity of the election.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1343840

When someone says “the evidence is plain,” well, we can only hope that it is.

13 Likes

This ‘Hail Mary’ is lofted straight at Justice Amy Covie Barrett and the rest of the Supremes, who will, no doubt, relegate it to fever swamp from which it came. It is good form to provide judges with at least a pretense of an evidentiary argument, which, as Cervantes points out, they are trying to finesse by insinuating some form of promissory note.

15 Likes

Hear hear. Let’s enjoy the frivolity after a trying and tiresome election week.

6 Likes

Trumpanzees flinging their crap.

What more would anyone expect?

6 Likes

Trump is also asking that a judge throw out all ballots cast by voters who were able to cure ballots with supposed errors.

That is one of the excellent aspects of the mail-in ballots. If you mail them early enough and the election folks question your signature, etc, you can be notified and come in and fix it. I see NOT legal standing for this. Americans need to understand how much the republicans don’t want to accept the people’s votes.

18 Likes

Is there a court date yet? Does the filing (TL:DR, blaming it on happy hour wine) actually have any evidence listed?

4 Likes

PA law, as I understand it from the television folks, does not allow the same curing most states allow. So, if true, there could be some legs to that. But can’t imagine it’s a significant number, and definitely not at any levels that would justify wholesale throwing out of 700k votes.

7 Likes
11 Likes

In the wings there are … “signed affidavits”!

7 Likes

So did the campaign lawyers commit perjury earlier or not?

28 Likes

Yes.

14 Likes

Been seeing this one tossed around as PROOF!!!

Glad there’s an article to share explaining this is normal process (and observed throughout).

10 Likes

“I have here in my hand a list of 205 ballots…”

16 Likes

“Allegheny and Philadelphia Counties alone received and processed 682,479 mail-in and absentee ballots without review by the political parties and candidates.”

So now the candidates have to review 682,479 ballots? I think we’re home-free on that one. The only thing the president has ever reviewed 682,479 of is cans of bronzer.

14 Likes

You’re missing it. They feed in the “damaged” ballot, hit the button under the scanner to trigger a “rejected” notice for the camera, but the ballot is still actually counted.

Then they go over and fill out the “replacement”, which is “accepted”.

Two votes for the price of one, happening right under our noses. And all, conveniently, in Dem districts.

(Trump, if you’re listening, $125 million in cash tonight and I’ll get you through this. Hurry, because tomorrow it goes up to $150 million)

8 Likes

Is that like when someone starts a sentence with “to be absolutely honest with you…”?

11 Likes

“Hail Mary pass”? It’s more like a “Fail Mary”. The Trumpies just can’t seem to get their heads around the fact that accusations require evidence. And “hearsay” don’t count.

9 Likes

Or “with all due respect”.

13 Likes

Or “Let me be clear…”

Like anybody was stopping you…

8 Likes