READ: House Interview With Manhattan U.S. Attorney Ousted By Barr | Talking Points Memo

I want to know if the book really confirms that he is incontinent, as I have read.

3 Likes

More like the Today Show.

2 Likes

Is that the office whose cavalier approach to masking was featured in a recent article?

It is hard reading cross examination from inexperienced litigators, ending each leading question with ā€œCorrect?ā€ Nadler does this every time. When I defend depositions from new lawyers who do the exact same thing I know Iā€™m in for a long, tedious day. And especially asking questions to adduce testimony that is already in the recordā€¦ Reminds me of Dogberry in Much Ado About Nothing.

6 Likes

I donā€™t get it. You are saying Castor is a moron?

1 Like

Yes I am. Without a doubt. I meant by opening his mouth, he confirmed heā€™s a moron. Any decent lawyer knows the answer heā€™s likely going to get before he asks the question.

2 Likes

House Dems trying to push the subpoena issue.

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1282863074974879744?s=21

BREAKING: House Democrats ask SCOTUS to accelerate issuance of ruling in the Trump subpoena cases to permit timely re-litigation in the lower courts

10 Likes

ā€œThe House is planning to quickly revisit its effort to obtain President Donald Trumpā€™s personal financial records, urging the Supreme Court on Monday night to take its final formal steps on the matter so lawmakers can reignite the issue in the lower courts,ā€ Politico reported.

ā€œIn a filing late Monday, the Houseā€™s top lawyer, Douglas Letter, urged the justices to immediately effectuate their July 9 ruling on the Houseā€™s subpoena for Trumpā€™s records. Once the ruling is in force, the House can return to the U.S. District Court judge who initially heard the case and ask for renewed consideration,ā€ Politico explained. ā€œBut Supreme Court rulings typically donā€™t go into force immediately, and Letter noted that the Mazars ruling would normally take effect on Aug. 3 without the intervention of the justices. The lower courts canā€™t begin to take up the effort until the Supreme Court ruling takes hold, and the House is urging the justices to make that happen as quickly as possible.ā€

9 Likes

It seemed to me that he answered a ton of questions without actually answering them. Iā€™m also concerned that within a week or two, we might find out that Audrey Strauss has ā€˜resignedā€™ and/or been replaced by a different ā€œactingā€ official.

If that happens, then I think we can safely assume that a full-blown coverup of something is in full swing.

4 Likes

Dust off that Impeachment machine and crank it back up. Chump and Barr this time please.

5 Likes

I suggest adding a couple of words:
we can safely assume that another gargantuan full-blown coverup of something is in full swing.

6 Likes

Agreed and safely assumedā€¦

1 Like

I am not a Lawyerā€¦so I am speculatingā€¦but this is tangentially related to the idea of some people being institutionalists

• I have seen it with Neal Katyal (sic?), speaking of SCOTUSā€™s ā€œprofessionalismā€

• I have seen it with the formidable RBG, who spoke favorably about Brett Kavanaugh

• And we have certainly seen it with Mueller

ā€¦Maybe Berman is simply being an institutionalist and careful to hedge on Barrā€¦so far, anyway.

6 Likes

Andā€¦how about we end this crazy day with Bolsonaro bitten by an emu? I hope that poor emuā€™s okay.

https://twitter.com/domphillips/status/1282859961006141441?s=21

4 Likes

I can top that!
Houston PD are applauded for their handling of a disarmed knife-wielding suspect-- asking for and receiving citizensā€™ assistance during the physical portion of restraining said suspect.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fantastic story, better than mine, but mine has an emu! An Australian bird that somehow got to Brazil.

2 Likes

Emus (Ema?) have been making a comeback recently! :ok_hand:

One-- who made it al the way to Hollywood! ā™«ā™Ŗ

1 Like

Heā€™s slimy, thatā€™s for sure. E.g., trying to get Berman to reveal his communications from counsel. Amateur move with a guy like Berman.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re condensed under ā€œinject disinfectantā€, right in the middle.

3 Likes

Apparently it was actually a rhea (called ema in Portugese), the South American relative of the emu.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available