READ: House Interview With Manhattan U.S. Attorney Ousted By Barr | Talking Points Memo

Joe and Mika?

while not being a quote, not wearing a mask from the get-go, kind of says it all.

3 Likes

Gaetz, the designated Useful Idiot. He’s assumed that role because Pompeo isn’t in the House and can’t hold 11-hour long hearings where he grills HRC and makes his bones in the process.

6 Likes

I am really looking forward to hearing what Preet has to say about this.

2 Likes

I can’t start Mary’s book until I finish the one I’m into about the bombing of Hiroshima, each in its own way revelatory about unparalleled world disasters.

5 Likes

I want to know if the book really confirms that he is incontinent, as I have read.

3 Likes

More like the Today Show.

2 Likes

Is that the office whose cavalier approach to masking was featured in a recent article?

It is hard reading cross examination from inexperienced litigators, ending each leading question with “Correct?” Nadler does this every time. When I defend depositions from new lawyers who do the exact same thing I know I’m in for a long, tedious day. And especially asking questions to adduce testimony that is already in the record… Reminds me of Dogberry in Much Ado About Nothing.

6 Likes

I don’t get it. You are saying Castor is a moron?

1 Like

Yes I am. Without a doubt. I meant by opening his mouth, he confirmed he’s a moron. Any decent lawyer knows the answer he’s likely going to get before he asks the question.

2 Likes

House Dems trying to push the subpoena issue.

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1282863074974879744?s=21

BREAKING: House Democrats ask SCOTUS to accelerate issuance of ruling in the Trump subpoena cases to permit timely re-litigation in the lower courts

10 Likes

“The House is planning to quickly revisit its effort to obtain President Donald Trump’s personal financial records, urging the Supreme Court on Monday night to take its final formal steps on the matter so lawmakers can reignite the issue in the lower courts,” Politico reported.

“In a filing late Monday, the House’s top lawyer, Douglas Letter, urged the justices to immediately effectuate their July 9 ruling on the House’s subpoena for Trump’s records. Once the ruling is in force, the House can return to the U.S. District Court judge who initially heard the case and ask for renewed consideration,” Politico explained. “But Supreme Court rulings typically don’t go into force immediately, and Letter noted that the Mazars ruling would normally take effect on Aug. 3 without the intervention of the justices. The lower courts can’t begin to take up the effort until the Supreme Court ruling takes hold, and the House is urging the justices to make that happen as quickly as possible.”

9 Likes

It seemed to me that he answered a ton of questions without actually answering them. I’m also concerned that within a week or two, we might find out that Audrey Strauss has ‘resigned’ and/or been replaced by a different “acting” official.

If that happens, then I think we can safely assume that a full-blown coverup of something is in full swing.

4 Likes

Dust off that Impeachment machine and crank it back up. Chump and Barr this time please.

5 Likes

I suggest adding a couple of words:
we can safely assume that another gargantuan full-blown coverup of something is in full swing.

6 Likes

Agreed and safely assumed…

1 Like

I am not a Lawyer…so I am speculating…but this is tangentially related to the idea of some people being institutionalists

• I have seen it with Neal Katyal (sic?), speaking of SCOTUS’s “professionalism”

• I have seen it with the formidable RBG, who spoke favorably about Brett Kavanaugh

• And we have certainly seen it with Mueller

…Maybe Berman is simply being an institutionalist and careful to hedge on Barr…so far, anyway.

6 Likes

And…how about we end this crazy day with Bolsonaro bitten by an emu? I hope that poor emu’s okay.

https://twitter.com/domphillips/status/1282859961006141441?s=21

4 Likes

I can top that!
Houston PD are applauded for their handling of a disarmed knife-wielding suspect-- asking for and receiving citizens’ assistance during the physical portion of restraining said suspect.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available