READ: Geoffrey Berman Details Closed-Door Talk With AG Barr Before Being Fired | Talking Points Memo

Drones might be our best bet. Might be able to launch one from a small boat and get away before the drone is detected and shot down.

1 Like

New Senate gets sworn in January 3, so Trump and McConnell will only have 60 days to make trouble (and for roughly half that time, Congress will be in recess).

3 Likes

Barr goes before the HJC next week. This should ad some zing to his appearance. “Why Mr. Barr did you feel that Mr, Berman be removed from his post and replaced”

6 Likes

No. No. No. No. No. You don’t get how this must go at all, do you?
(Assumes best Katie Porter voice) “AG Barr. Yes - I’m talking to you, so look at me. I will ask you this once, and I expect you to give me a direct ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ reply.”
"Did you or did you not lose your goddamn mind on the night in question when you tried to fire Mr. Berman - whose superior intellect and love of country you so detest - without cause? Yes or No?

10 Likes

I love that. May it come to pass.

5 Likes

Technically those are jowls. And they do indeed appear capacious.

1 Like

3 Likes

One is an annoying bag of hot air, and the other is a bagpipe.

2 Likes

Additional crops of Senators will be up for reelection in 2022 and 2024 (i.e., they won’t be lame ducks). We need to figure out a way to hold them accountable for this time period. Maybe create some kind of scorecard - call it the “Turtle Index” - that tracks support of McConnell’s skullduggery, things like questionable judges appointed. These scorecards could be used to encourage donations to fund the war chests of the 2022 and 2024 challengers.

2 Likes

Mar a go go is the “Winter Whitehouse.” It’s too hot there now for golfing mid-day. I think his summer preference is the one NJ.

2 Likes

Bill Barr - worse and even more corrupt than John Mitchell - and that is saying a lot.

7 Likes

Carpenito said he had no idea what was ‘really’ going on; he was told Berman was resigning and nothing else.

Of course, that is ‘his’ story; Clayton also says that he had no idea he set all this into motion. Trump just asked him what would be his ‘dream job’ and he said SDNY. Totally unqualified. But it was his ‘dream job.’

I don’t know if I believe either Carpenito or Clayton but that’s their story and they are sticking to it.

What “I” can’t believe is Barr announcing his resignation without getting his actual resignation first.

I mean, THAT IS SO STUPID IT BURNS.

8 Likes

For some reason Cohen’s lawyer thought he and Cohen were “in negotiation” for the conditions of Cohen’s release and was much surprised when the guys with shakles showed up. Really? One and done, dude.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that it’s going to be an interesting period between the election and the inauguration, but the damage he can do is going to be limited by the fact that every career employee in government is going to stop responding to all the political hacks after Nov. 3rd.

5 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Well, my view on that is colored somewhat by finding out Kennedy’s SON is the ‘personal’ manager of Trump’s Deutschebank’s account.

His bonus is related to Trump’s fiscal situation.

5 Likes

tiowally I responded the same to hagarwood but you had a LOT more info that I did.

WHEN the Feds get Deutschebank (I thought that was the spelling) to release the records, I also think Kennedy’s son lies in some crosshairs; I won’t be surprised if the bank loses its license to exist in the US.

They have lost at least one maybe two (can’t remember this second) money-laundering cases for cripes’ sake!

8 Likes

I’ve heard (and of course I am NOT a reliable source) that Trump Towers is a dump.

Or was that the White House?

So many tweets, my brain hurts.

1 Like

Good God.

I have to agree, he has had no impact on the court, no decision of his will ever be quoted (and I know he had a few majority opinions in his name but I can’t remember a one).

GHW Bush put an ‘identity’ candidate on SCOTUS and got really nothing out of it.

Nobody thought he was ‘the best’ and Thomas did not disabuse anybody of that notion.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available