Rand Paul Argues Trump Has ‘Every Right’ To Freeze Military Aid To Ukraine

What are you smoking that makes Rand Paul appear principled or intelligent?

There is absolutely no evidence to support either of those conclusions.

3 Likes

Therein lies the rub. He can pressure and barter to his hearts content as long as it’s not conditional on some election related motive.

1 Like

Aqua Buddha would disagree :wink:

Shorter Rand Paul: If any other politician commits a murder it is unfair to punish Trump for committing a murder.

1 Like

As of the third quarter, Rand Paul was 40/40 approval/ disapproval per Morning Consult. Licking Trump’s ass did not help Bevin.

Lessee. . .Rand Paul. . .what’s the word I’m looking for? hmmmm. . .oh, yeah, putz.

1 Like

@adunn was smoking the words “seemingly” and “apparently.”

Cf.:

Senator Aqua Buddha (R-Russia) is making the end game argument: Trump extorted Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden, and it’s okay because — something . . . something. . . something.

The crime no longer matters to Russian stooges like Aqua Buddha. His oath of office is meaningless. His country doesn’t matter. All that counts is loyalty to Trump/Putin, no matter the criminality.

As others have speculated, almost certainly correctly, Putin has dirt on these dirty pols and is using it against them. No other plausible way to explain why they’re not just pro forma defending their party’s president, but doing it so passionately. Or, perhaps, he’s threatened to do them or their families physical harm. But there are ways of dealing with that, so I go with option #1. Given what we otherwise know about these Repubs, I have no problem believing that they’ve done things they don’t want coming out, involving sex, drugs, crimes, perhaps membership in the Klan or such. I wonder if there’s an Epstein connection here, and why he was possibly killed, to shut him up lest he neutralize Putin’s hold on them.

2 Likes

It’s that whole fake libertarian persona he’s cultivated that’s totally an act, especially at this point, that some people have fallen for. There are precious few genuinely sincere pols in congress and none are Repubs. Rand is one of those small guvmint types who don’t mind it growing a tad when it serves their needs. One wonders what Putin has on him and his racist dad.

How big of a failure do you have to be to publicly embarrass your father when your dad is Ron Paul?

I know that diverting funds appropriated by Congress for a specific project to another, such as monies designated for military schools and infrastructure used for the wall, is a felony. Not so sure on simply refusing to spend the money altogether.

The same thing a fresh pile of poop has on flies: nothing. They’re just irresistibly attracted to poop.

1 Like

Not really the same, except both are indeed shit-amenable. But, Putin has dirt on Aqua Buddha. Perhaps Trump has promised him a cabinet appointment if he wins, or McTurdle a committee chair if Repubs keep the senate. It’s probably a combination of these.

I actually liked and respected Paul during the Bush years for what I viewed as his genuine and principled stand on warrantless wiretaps and related matters. But he’s also a racist Bircher and otherwise a bit of a CT kook, like most libertarians.

A distinction without a difference in my book. It amply displays Sanders’ inability to get anything done, deciding instead to tilt at windmills and refuse solidarity on this national issue with EVERYONE in DC, except Rand Paul and Donald Trump!

Coalitions and progress have never been his sort of thing, Bernie ALWAYS has some reason for never just doing the right thing like everyone else. If one is delighted by such shenanigans, go for it, but my statement is still factual.

3 Likes

It’s the equivalence of not voting for the recognition of Amenian genocide because the resolution didn’t include other genocides.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s a dodge which fools very few.

2 Likes

Here are two statements:

1. X drove from Point A to Point B.

2. X drove from Point A to Point B to Point C.

If both are factual, one is misleading.

Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran was comparable to – amounted to nothing more than – this kind of historical “recognition”?

Different degrees, yes, but I think the logic is the same. Also, how come no Obama allies in Congress raised the concern? Not PURE enough I guess.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available