‘Pure BS’: White House Torched For Peddling Fantasy Of Trump Ending COVID Pandemic | Talking Points Memo

Excellent timing by Woodward, holding on to this tape and then dropping it in on a Wednesday just before election day. Time for the media to digest and propagate for a few days, and it will still be relevant on the weekend shows.

8 Likes

He also told Woodward, “The most dangerous people around the President are over-confident idiots” and that Trump had replaced them with “more thoughtful people who kind of know their place.”

<laughing chimp gif>

6 Likes

I’d bet it’s more because nearly all the States have closed all the schools since February, so there’s nothing to run into, armed or not.

But that’s just me.

I almost commented on that remark of his myself but decided to not spoil the pleasure of people seeing it on their own.

1 Like

I’m sure Tuck Chodd will be all over this.

Yes, indeedy…our tax dollars at work. For political propaganda purposes, that is. I hope they frog-march all of these assholes one by one in front of the newly elected Democratic Congress to have them pay back the taxpayer every last cent of their salaries, for their willingness to go along with the charade and lie to the public.

Anyone that didn’t just automatically resign and gave into this political shitshow should be fined, found guilty of fraud and for misleading (better known as lying to) the public where the interest of a public health emergency was on the line and could cause irreparable harm. That type of fraud is criminal.

I see gaslighting is still alive and well in this maladministration. No surprise here.

2 Likes

They’ve been calling out his lies for some time now, unless you’re watching Fox.

1 Like

I don’t get why people keep making suggestions about what trump should be asked, he never answers and never has.

4 Likes

Belated spoiler alert! :poop:

“The states have to own the testing,” Kushner said. “The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works.”

WHAT A TOTAL IDIOTIC PERSPECTIVE!!! This is a PANDEMIC … grappling with a novel virus … and WHAT? you want 51 different new and creative approaches to “testing” (for a not well defined disease process with only preliminary means of testing) - what an insipid moron!

Here is one of the key problems! - these dumb bastards can’t even figure out the proper basic structural strategy for organizing to do battle against this Virus - all they can do it jockey around trying to figure out how to claim credit and place blame on others. While people were dying because of their ineptitude. Oh! this is so bone-headed that they should all be rounded up and placed in an institution for the terminally stupid… and never let out!

3 Likes

No he doesn’t - I couldn’t agree more. People do ask right to his face all the questions and he just refuses.

3 Likes

Question: What to do with Jared, Trump, Barr , Pence… and so on …

Answer:

2 Likes

Obviously, smarter than a bunch of stupid Doctors!

Or at least an irony alert!

I read in the Guardian that a segment on fox business (Kennedy Montgomery?) Was pushing back on this as well. I cannot find a link right now.

It’s gonna be a blue tsunami!

OT but

1 Like

The first part of that statement was and is true. Jared just doesn’t realize who the over-confident idiot is

2 Likes

Good point
Anything difficult, he just runs away

2 Likes

Even Ivanka is down to earth and intelligent there.

1 Like

My credit card bills and payments aren’t even paper in a filing cabinet. The whole privatization of Social Security revealed that GWB and friends didn’t have a clue about how the economy or Social Security in particular even work.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available