Prosecutors: PA Man Used Drone To Drop Explosives On Ex’s Property | Talking Points Memo

A Pennsylvania man faces federal charges for allegedly using a drone to drop explosives on an ex-girlfriend’s property.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1249396

A prince of our 21st century disorder…

8 Likes

I’ve had relationships end suddenly and badly for me, and I never considered harming them, ever.

33 years in the slam is not enough time IMO.

13 Likes

“He was using them in his backyard,” Waldron told reporters"

Gopher problems can be solved in other ways.

15 Likes

One can understand why she’d be his ex-girlfriend, but why was she ever current?

@murgatroid Well put.

4 Likes

Who among us hasn’t wanted, from time to time, to rain destruction onto our enemies (and those who just piss us off no end) from out of the clear blue. I wonder if there are plans and instructions on the interweb. Don’t think I’ll go looking just yet…

2 Likes

“It does not take much imagination to conjure up the enormous harm that can result from the combination of illegal firearms, explosives, and drone aircrafts…”

…and vaping pumpkin-spice White Claw.

He had to have been vaping pumpkin-spice White Claw.

17 Likes

Meth and explosives what could go wrong.

“It does not take much imagination to conjure up the enormous harm that can result from the combination of illegal firearms, explosives, and drone aircrafts,”

4 Likes

Slow drivers in the passing lane, people who don’t use turn signals, people who don’t “go” at green, people turning left who don’t move forward into the intersection while waiting for oncoming traffic to clear…

9 Likes

“It does not take much imagination to conjure up the enormous harm that can result from the combination of illegal firearms, explosives, and drone aircrafts,”

It could be a parlor game to come up with alternate endings to that quote:

clowns, king cobras, and mailboxes

embankment dams, beer, and monster trucks

suspension bridges, beavers, and PCP

10 Likes

So, BMW drivers?

10 Likes

Maybe he’s really nice and a lot of fun when he isn’t dropping bombs on your house.

Anyway what with one thing and another–the James Bond-rigged car comes to mind—I’d suggest whatever the usual psychological screening is when you suspect a person has issues.

13 Likes

Back in Germany they weren’t the problem, they’d be flying along… Here in America, so many people that have too much money and not enough brain seem to have one…

6 Likes

Why? That seems like rather a creative solution, not something that a crazy person would pull off.

3 Likes

This guy may be good with the McGyvering but isn’t too swift with the tactical thinking. Use the drone to drop the meth on the ex’s house, then place an anonymous call to the cops. But then he’d have less meth for himself.

8 Likes

He was using them in his backyard

Um, he needed to do some stump blasting?

4 Likes

Honorary Florida man.

19 Likes

Fine I take it back and I’m sure he’s ju-ust fi-ine.

5 Likes

Hell, @playitagainrowlf has done far worse stuff, and he’s still out of prison (I think).

2 Likes

I can’t believe the government is prosecuting this patriot for simply exercising his 2nd Amendment rights. Keep your hands off our bombs you jack-booted thugs!

6 Likes