Prosecutors Investigating Trump Organization Zero In On Trump CFO Allen Weisselberg | Talking Points Memo

ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264403

Trump’s CFO

The Untouchables - Capone’s Accountant

Coincidence?

11 Likes

It’s about time. Way overdue.

10 Likes
4 Likes

'bout time.

5 Likes

Nothing like a little pressure from all sides.

2 Likes

The U.S. attorney’s office said it was still investigating the Trump Organization, pursuing additional targets. (A spokesperson for the SDNY declined to comment.) Vance agreed to put his investigation on hold.

I hope Vance has learned his lesson and won’t let the Feds interfere with HIS investigations anymore.

9 Likes

When all this is said and done and Trump is lock away somewhere, scholars are going to have to come up with time delineations, B.T.=before Trump, A.T.=after Trump, BAH=before Access Hollywood, and so forth.

1 Like

If we have to live through the most immoral, corrupt administration in history at least they’re also the least competent. Otherwise we’d already be in re-education camps by now.

11 Likes

I hope Vance has learned his lesson and won’t take bribes from the trumps any more.

5 Likes

The DOJ pleadings were co-signed by the SDNY. Privately, SDNY representatives, wary of appearing to do Trump’s bidding, insisted that their office’s role was limited, likening it to merely serving as local counsel.

“Sovereign District of New York” my asteroids. Like all of the DOJ under “Roy Cohn” Barr they just wanted to protect the Sovereign.

2 Likes

“falsification of business records” leads inevitably to; TAX FRAUD.

and if he lied on his NY State Tax Forms, you KNOW he lied on his Federal Tax Forms too.

Remember, they got Al Capone on; Tax Evasion and he did hard time for it.

11 Likes

Weisselberg is the obvious nexus of all Trump chicanery and wrongdoing. Either he flips, or he goes away for life, worse than Cohen.

6 Likes

Vance has let the family get away before after a nice campaign contribution.

8 Likes

Ruh Roh!

It’s funny, I really was wondering just a few days ago what ever happened to Allen…

This should be fun!

2 Likes

I love the sound of the noose tightening in the evening.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m less optimistic than most commenters. Looks like DOJ and SDNY got together to successfully catch and kill this, Weisselberg has a decent double jeopardy defense or at least lots of evidence will have to be excluded because of the federal immunity (remember Ollie North?) and the statute of limitations is running out as planned. Seems like Barr by night cleans all the messes that Trump makes by day.

4 Likes

This guy is 72? Man, working for anything Trump ages you in dog years.

1 Like

So, who is playing Andy Garcia in our little real-life re-enactment?

1 Like

Was Barr’s foot on the scale?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available