Prosecutors Build Towards The Stormy Daniels Hush-Money Scheme - TPM – Talking Points Memo

You had a very wise mother

9 Likes

Cohen promised to set up a shell company to purchase the rights from AMI, but it never happened.

15 Likes

Thanks (as always) – I missed that somewhere along the way :slight_smile:

So, likely there were some “privacy concerns” with Stormy…which is, again, odd since the McDougal story was convincing to AMI. Maybe Trump and Cohen didn’t want AMI anywhere near it…but why?!?

“Enquiring minds want to know,” indeed

6 Likes

COHEN: Um, I need to open up a company for the transfer of all of that info regarding our friend, David, you know, so that — I’m going to do that right away. I’ve actually come up and I’ve spoken —

TRUMP: Give it to me and [UNINTELLIGIBLE].

COHEN: And, I’ve spoken to Allen Weisselberg about how to set the whole thing up with …

TRUMP: So, what do we got to pay for this? One-fifty?

COHEN: … funding. Yes. Um, and it’s all the stuff.

TRUMP: Yeah, I was thinking about that.

COHEN: All the stuff. Because — here, you never know where that company — you never know what he’s —

TRUMP: Maybe he gets hit by a truck.

COHEN: Correct. So, I’m all over that. And, I spoke to Allen about it, when it comes time for the financing, which will be —

TRUMP: Wait a sec, what financing?

COHEN: Well, I’ll have to pay him something.

TRUMP: [UNINTELLIGIBLE] pay with cash …

COHEN: No, no, no, no, no. I got it.

18 Likes

Cold courtroom

5 Likes

While put-upon Mr. Ubermensch sits huddled in a freezing, windowless New York courtroom, I sit in the sun with my Basenji puppies.

Mr Ubermensch is very rich and very unhappy.

I am very not rich but nobody’s hauling me into court. And I have puppies.

56 Likes

Especially true with Louis “Almond” DeJoy still inexplicably serving on the USPS board. He had many Mail Drop boxes removed during Trump’s Reign of Error.

8 Likes

Pecker just decided not to pay for a catch-and-kill with Stormy because trump had stiffed him on the two previous examples.

26 Likes

It increasingly appears that this may be the (or one of the) underlying crime(s) they wanted to cover up and which forms the basis of the enhancement from misdemeanor to felony.

12 Likes

And I have jealousy!

17 Likes

Do you also portray Santa Claus in season? :santa::santa::santa:

5 Likes

Its strange how the same thing suddenly becomes different when you’re dealing with lots of cash:

If you owe the bank $100, that’s your problem.
If you owe the bank $100m, that’s the bank’s problem.

15 Likes

Just imagine what the portrait in his attic must look like.

13 Likes

This is a very well written article. Thanks Josh!

18 Likes

I remember when all the pundits agreed that Schwarzenegger never had a child with the maid…

5 Likes

It is but FEC and DOJ DGAF.

Penny wise and Pound foolish.

7 Likes

It looks like the prosecution is building its case on the notion that Stormy Daniels was just an episode in an existing scheme to protect Trump’s image in the election and to not let the Access Hollywood story get any worse. The focus on Pecker and the bigger scheme helps rehabilitate Cohen to a certain extent. If they lay it out the way they look like they are going to lay it out it is going to be hard for Trump not to be convicted or for anyone to think Stormy isn’t all that important.

9 Likes

Just a reminde3r that Roseanne Barr is a dumpster fire of a human being:

14 Likes

Basenji puppies?! You lucky man!

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available